Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Cueto trade proposal

Cueto trade proposal

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article...-castro-kazmir

I'd bite for Rodriguez or Johnson, Ramos or Checchini and Coyle or Marrero with the Reds adding another piece.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cueto trade proposal

I'd want one of the AAA lefties and Manny Margot, plus Coyle. Would not pull the trigger for less than that.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

4. Likes:

OnBaseMachine (05-15-2015),Tom Servo (05-15-2015)

Betts and Henry Owens

I'd take Rodriguez, Ramos and Coyle for Cueto and toss in a minor prospect - Mejias-Brean maybe or Tim Adleman
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

I've suggested Owens or Rodriquez, Matt Barnes & Cecchini ( a top 50 prospect & 2 other decent prospects) as a midsummer return for Cueto.
    Barnes is likely a middle reliever & Cecchini is a 1B/3B/OF utility guy (doesn't sound like much but they will be cheap which is important)

I could be wrong but I don't see the Reds getting 2 top 100 prospects for 1/2 a season plus the playoffs of Cueto

Manuel Margot has to be included or no deal for me. Margot + Eduardo Rodriguez + Coyle or Rafael Devers.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    I've suggested Owens or Rodriquez, Matt Barnes & Cecchini ( a top 50 prospect & 2 other decent prospects) as a midsummer return for Cueto.
    Barnes is likely a middle reliever & Cecchini is a 1B/3B/OF utility guy (doesn't sound like much but they will be cheap which is important)

I could be wrong but I don't see the Reds getting 2 top 100 prospects for 1/2 a season plus the playoffs of Cueto
    Cueto may well be as good as any pitcher moved at the trade deadline in the last 10 years. If he is moved shortly, the return should be big, as he is indeed a difference maker.

10. Likes:

OnBaseMachine (05-15-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Cueto may well be as good as any pitcher moved at the trade deadline in the last 10 years. If he is moved shortly, the return should be big, as he is indeed a difference maker.
    I hope so.

I'm trying to think of pitchers similar to Cueto (aces, pending free agents) moved in the last few years at the deadline & what the return was.
    Any comparison would be apples to oranges but we might get a back on the envelope idea of what to expect.

Should the Reds actually trade him? Not for the usual reasons of not having a fire sale. The Reds have 3 young guys in the rotation if you count Iggy. If Cueto and/or Leake are traded and they have reached their innings pitched limit, who are going to be the starters? Everyone including me wants Marquis gone but he could be a placeholder we need.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    I hope so.

I'm trying to think of pitchers similar to Cueto (aces, pending free agents) moved in the last few years at the deadline & what the return was.
    Any comparison would be apples to oranges but we might get a back on the envelope idea of what to expect.
    2014: Jon Lester (and Gomes) for Yoenis Cespedes and a Competitive Balance Round B Pick.
    2012: Zack Greinke for Ariel Pena, Johnny Hellweg, and Jean Segura
    I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher.
    -Rogers Hornsby

Quote Originally Posted by ac084c View Post
    2014: Jon Lester (and Gomes) for Yoenis Cespedes and a Competitive Balance Round B Pick.
    2012: Zack Greinke for Ariel Pena, Johnny Hellweg, and Jean Segura
    thanks.

Segura was ranked 55th on Baseball America's 2012 preseason prospect list. Hellweg & Pena were not ranked in the top 100.

The Lester/Cespedes deal was a bit unusual. I'd prefer prospects over getting 1.5 years of a lesser star (and maybe a draft pick down the road).
    However the Reds could get a guy in a trade that they then extend (I believe Walt did this kind of thing in St Louis).

Turn Off Ads?