Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surgery......not all that much fun

Surgery......not all that much fun

The general state of decline of Reds system has lowered my posting total in general recently but in last 2 weeks it's been way down because I'm in Hospital here in Jax recovering from surgery. The evening of the 17th I started not feeling well and went to bed. I eventually threw up a few times. Normally that's my "all clear from here". But I continued to be sick and vomit so we went to emergency room on Friday the 22nd . I had not really eaten anything for 5 days.

Eventually they determined I had an intestinal blockage caused by a belly button hernia. So Emergency Surgery for that at 1 AM on 23rd. Since then I've been on IV's and nothing by mouth. They've been draining my stomach with UG tube stuck down my nose.

My advice to all of you. Refuse the UG tube till you can get it under anesthesia. Not pretty.

So been recovering since Sat. Big test taking place right now. They are not suctioning me for 4 hours to see if I remain ok, and then after 4 hours how much gastric juice comes out and the quality of it. 1 PM deadline
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Surgery......not all that much fun

Good luck with the tests today and best wishes on a speedy recovery.

They've been draining my stomach with UG tube stuck down my nose.
    Is this a potential metaphor for the Reds play the past ten days?

congratulations, you actually found something to do that sounds less fun than watching the current state of the Reds

Hope you pass your tests, and all is clear going forward. As I was reading, I came to the part about the belly button hernia, and though "oh good, nothing too serious; should be easy to fix and move on" While that may hold true in comparison to having cancer or something along those lines, what you described afterwards sounds horrible and changed my opinion of what a quick fix is. Prayers for a quick recovery.

Had it just been the hernia it would have been not too much. But it caused a blockage which is a big part of my issue

Hope everything goes well, Jax.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

All the best to you. Hope your home soon. If a Dr. Chuckie comes by tro see you please try to ignore him. He will want to do surgery on you as soon as possible.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

8. Likes:

gilpdawg (05-28-2015),RedlegJake (05-29-2015),Rojo (06-01-2015)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Best of luck with the tests, Jax.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Good luck with the tests and I hope you get well soon.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Thanks guys I think I passed the test but won't know for sure till I hear from Doc. Part 1 was not get sick which I did not.. Part 2 was not have a ton of gastric juice once they hooked me back up. And it didn't seem like much at all.

Jax, get well soon and hopefully you'll be making a speedy recovery soon given all that you've been through the last few weeks.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Thanks guys I think I passed the test but won't know for sure till I hear from Doc. Part 1 was not get sick which I did not.. Part 2 was not have a ton of gastric juice once they hooked me back up. And it didn't seem like much at all.
    Good news!

Let us know as soon as you hear you definitely passed the tests, the Kremchek jokes are just begging to come out.

Get well soon
    Go Gators!

So i apparantly passed the test because they are upping me to liquids and broth!!

16. Likes:

Chip R (05-28-2015),Dom Heffner (05-30-2015),HeatherC1212 (05-29-2015),KittyDuran (05-28-2015),RedlegJake (05-29-2015),reds1869 (05-30-2015)

Hang tough Jax. I know you will
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

So a follow-up. Been doing well. They have not drained me for almost 24 hours. 2 liquid meals and still ok. Doc just came by and said tube may come out later today and go home tomorrow if no setbacks

19. Likes:

Chip R (05-29-2015),cumberlandreds (05-29-2015),dougdirt (05-29-2015),marcshoe (05-29-2015),reds1869 (05-30-2015)

Turn Off Ads?