Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Game of Thrones, Season 5 Finale

Re: Game of Thrones, Season 5 Finale

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Dorne was awful in the books too, so they got that part right.

Cersei looked like a women who'd had children in the books, i.e. a loose stomach, some fat, etc. Part of the shame was the people of Kings Landing seeing she was no different or better than them in body. But HBO wasn't going to do that to Lena Headey or probably in general.
    We'll have to agree to disagree. I very much enjoyed Dorne, the sand snakes, and the end game sight revealed of Prince Doran.

That wasn't Lena's body anyway - it was a double with her head CGI'ed on top.
    I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher.
    -Rogers Hornsby

2. Likes:

WMR (06-15-2015)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Yeah, I know it wasn't Lena's body, I'm saying HBO wasn't going to put someone 25lbs overweight on screen and pretend it was Lena.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Yeah, I know it wasn't Lena's body, I'm saying HBO wasn't going to put someone 25lbs overweight on screen and pretend it was Lena.
    They didn't have to go 25lbs overweight, but they could have made someone saggier with stretch marks... I don't think that was all that germane to the story anyway, though, so it didn't bother me.
    I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher.
    -Rogers Hornsby

Game of Thrones, Season 5 Finale

Well, I can see all of these concerns people have and I didn't know Martin had less participation in this season (makes sense). That said, I truly enjoyed the whole thing, especially Jonathan Pryce as the High Sparrow and the whole story arc with Jon Snow and the wildlings (even if it ended in tragedy).

I do agree that the end for Stannis seemed a bit hamfisted and inconsistent with his character -- curious whether the books made his choices so clearly influenced (and ultimately undermined by) his spiritual side.

Not really sure why having Cersei's body be ugly / saggy would have been necessary, but that's maybe a subtlety from the descriptive elements of the books.
    Last edited by RedEye; 06-15-2015 at 06:19 PM.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Turn Off Ads?