Turn Off Ads?
Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 20606667686970
Results 1,036 to 1,039 of 1039

Thread: 2015-16 NBA Season

Re: 2015-16 NBA Season

Too many teams nearby and too many other cities that would be in line first for a new team or someone relocating.
    Go Gators!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

So I called the Golden State Warriors front of this morning and asked to speak with Steph Curry. The lady said sure, dial 73-9....I said I did, there was no ring!!!!

Too soon???
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

4. Likes:

Chip R (06-21-2016),dabvu2498 (06-20-2016),KronoRed (06-20-2016),Revering4Blue (06-20-2016),Roy Tucker (06-20-2016),SultanOfSwing (06-20-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Hard to say. MLS is growing, but its the minor leagues compared to european soccer leagues like EPL, Bundesliga, and La Liga.

If soccer ever does get as popular or more popular than the NBA, NFL, MLB, etc. it will not be the MLS, it will be the EPL, or maybe something like a Champions League that lasts all the time. A league with the best clubs in the world. That would have the kind of star power and quality to be the most popular professional sports league on earth.
    The MLS already outdraws the NBA and NHL in average attendance, and may well surpass those leagues in TV ratings and money in the next 10 years as MLS get closer to 28-30 teams. More money means better players. I was listening to an interview with Jeff Berding, who runs FC Cincinnati and used to work for the Bengals. They asked him why he chose to get into the pro soccer business in Cincinnati and he talked about the marketing reports they get every year. According to him, 10-15 years ago, professional soccer and MLS weren't even a blip on the radar. Around 10 years ago, soccer started appearing at the bottom of the list and since then it has moved up the list every year. It's to the point now where, among 18-35 year olds, soccer is now the third most watched sport behind only NFL Football and College Football. Of course that number included EPL and international tournaments, but the numbers for MLS have also been increasing to a substantial degree. Why? Because a lot of those soccer viewers are getting a thirst to go to games and MLS provides the opportunity. Just as people will watch NFL and College Football in the fall, there are a lot of American soccer fans who watch both EPL and MLS.

It's unlikely that MLS will ever supplant NFL or College Football, or even MLB in the hearts and minds of Americans, but becoming the #3 professional sport (#4 if you count college football as pro) in the next 10 years behind NFL and MLB in the US is not that far fetched.

I would also note that MLS is pushing closer and closer to Ligue 1, Serie A, and Liga MX in average attendance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_...cer_attendance
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

6. Likes:

Revering4Blue (06-20-2016)

We're past 1000 posts. Still some discussion here that you may want to keep going, so I encourage you to start new threads or post in already existing threads. (There are several soccer threads and even an NBA in Cincinnati one from not too far back. And I know there's already an NBA offseason thread.)

Good season. Fun to follow along with the thoughts of some of the more knowledgeable than I, NBA fans of RZ.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

8. Likes:

dubc47834 (06-20-2016),Revering4Blue (06-20-2016)

Turn Off Ads?