Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 7/12/15 Reds at Marlins

Re: 7/12/15 Reds at Marlins

Oh well, a losing streak at the AS break is just as this season has gone. Even your ace is throwing batting practice just shows you change is needed.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

2. Turn Off Ads?

Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by fipp View Post
    How old are you? Do you want to be humiliated?

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    5-1 Marlins. Really glad the Reds pitched Cueto today so he could damage his trade value. Good call.
    I don't think it will cost much, but I agree. The whole idea of keeping Cueto this long, specifically related to "what will the fans think at the All Star Game" when he didn't even wind up making the damn team, has been incredibly stupid.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

5. Likes:

Tony Cloninger (07-12-2015),villain612 (07-12-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    The Reds miss opportunities because they have hitters who don't get on base much.

And when they do get on base they have hitters who problems getting them in.....even with runners on 3rd and less than 2 outs. Too many excuses for the not getting on base enough when the not driving them in more is not exactly gold either. Even Todd has been horrible this year with Runner on 3rd and less than 2 outs this year. He was 1 for 12 at some point and with SO and pop outs being the majority of outs.

Is this hard for people here to admit that this not a SS anymore and full season trend? I know this team is OBP challenged but it is even more challenged getting them in when they are as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    And when they do get on base they have hitters who problems getting them in.....even with runners on 3rd and less than 2 outs. Too many excuses for the not getting on base enough when the not driving them in more is not exactly gold either. Even Todd has been horrible this year with Runner on 3rd and less than 2 outs this year. He was 1 for 12 at some point and with SO and pop outs being the majority of outs.

Is this hard for people here to admit that this not a SS anymore and full season trend? I know this team is OBP challenged but it is even more challenged getting them in when they are as well.
    I just don't see this as an actual thing. What is the hypothesis then, that the Reds are a bunch of weak willed nancy boys who shake in their boots when there are runners in scoring position?

They simply aren't a very good hitting team, RISP or not.

- - - Updated - - -

LMAO damn, Thom burying Ariana Grande.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Same old thing it's always been: no approach, plate discipline. They're not a good hitting team in any situation, simple OB or RISP.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Suarez with a deep, deep flyout to CF. Thought it had a chance at a 2 run bomb.

Suarez with a GABP home run.

One out.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

When it comes to meltdowns, Thom knows whereof he speaks.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    Same old thing it's always been: no approach, plate discipline. They're not a good hitting team in any situation, simple OB or RISP.
    This seems to be the issue more often than not. Swinging away at anything, no focus, and no plan.

The Reds are what they are - a low OBP long ball team that struggles to score if they don't get a couple homers in a game. Scoring guys from third is just part of that overall problem
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post

Well, the Reds have the 11th best BA in the league; and the worst BA with men in scoring position. So they don't get a lot of hits, and they are even worse with men in scoring position.

I tend to think that they have too many power hitters and too few solid singles hitters. As Redleg Jake just said.

Bourgoeis' single there is more effective than the previous long fly ball out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I just don't see this as an actual thing. What is the hypothesis then, that the Reds are a bunch of weak willed nancy boys who shake in their boots when there are runners in scoring position?

They simply aren't a very good hitting team, RISP or not.

That's using an extreme downgrading of manhood to disparage my analysis.

They are manly men who are trying to hard and end up screwing themselves by being unable to relax and realize the pitcher is the one with the pressure on not them.....and in the process become overeager and prone to try and do too much when nothing is offered to them. Or they just suck.

Scott Hoberg ‏@Scoberg 4m4 minutes ago
    You may want to re-evaluate your musical career if even tHom Brennaman is calling your career a “total meltdown."

17. Likes:

Big Klu (07-12-2015)

Cueto's day is done.

Possible his career as a Red is done. We'll see.

Turn Off Ads?