Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Who Gets Called Up?

Who Gets Called Up?

I'm not always in the know on these things. I'm very busy with full-time work and a family, but I still find time to watch almost every game on demand (always FF between pitches) and check out the threads here 2-3 times a day. I appreciate the collective knowledge on this forum. Anyway............. who is likely to get called up from AAA after we resume play?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Re: Who Gets Called Up?

Quote Originally Posted by RiverfrontRed View Post
    I'm not always in the know on these things. I'm very busy with full-time work and a family, but I still find time to watch almost every game on demand (always FF between pitches) and check out the threads here 2-3 times a day. I appreciate the collective knowledge on this forum. Anyway............. who is likely to get called up from AAA after we resume play?
    I suspect if the Reds don't trade for Story or another SS, that Barrero gets the call late in July or early August.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

4. Likes:

RiverfrontRed (07-12-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    I suspect if the Reds don't trade for Story or another SS, that Barrero gets the call late in July or early August.
    Most likely Barrero has to show more success at AAA before he gets the call. His current line there is: .171/.273/.343/.616

6. Likes:

DocRed (07-12-2021),Griffey012 (07-12-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by RiverfrontRed View Post
    Lorenzen

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Most likely Barrero has to show more success at AAA before he gets the call. His current line there is: .171/.273/.343/.616
    I know.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Yeah that guy is already playing 3rd base for us!

10. Likes:

gagliano (07-21-2021),goldglover9 (07-12-2021),Gunner44 (07-12-2021),SomeCallMeTim (07-12-2021)

I respectfully withdraw any of my previous calls to get him up here.

But I’m firmly of the opinion that something has to give at both SS and 3B if the Reds want to be there in September.

12. Likes:

DocRed (07-12-2021),goldglover9 (07-12-2021)

It’s ten games.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose Herd View Post
    It’s ten games.
    Exactly. No need to rush him until he shows he is ready. I believe he will succeed if they handle him properly which includes getting him ready through more playing time instead of bringing him up to what we hope is a pennant race.

Exactly. No need to rush him until he shows he is ready. I believe he will succeed if they handle him properly which includes getting him ready through more playing time instead of bringing him up to what we hope is a pennant race.
    Barrero seems to now be showing he is "comfortable" with AAA. I remove my prior objection.

Does anybody really think Farmer is the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    . Exactly
    Last edited by wlf WV; 07-20-2021 at 05:29 PM.
    May the Lord bless

No, but he’s also not the solution. If Barrera makes the team better, bring him up

On the bench with 1-2 starts a week he's not a problem.
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?