Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which teams would trade entire organizations with the Reds right now?

Re: Which teams would trade entire organizations with the Reds right now?

Brewers are a better offensive team, pretty similar pitching team. I'm tempted to cast them as a no too. Pretty close though. Marlins are still pretty bad even with Fernandez and Stanton (really the NL East is very uninspiring).

Broken record time: parity keeps the Reds in the picture. This organization quite literally could be riding very high twelve months from now. These are very different times in MLB.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Brewers are a better offensive team, pretty similar pitching team. I'm tempted to cast them as a no too. Pretty close though.
    The Reds are a bad team with good pieces to trade to make the team better. The Brewers are a bad team without good pieces to trade to make the team better.
    Stick to your guns.

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    The Reds are a bad team with good pieces to trade to make the team better. The Brewers are a bad team without good pieces to trade to make the team better.
    Braun is more valuable than any trade piece the Reds possess. But he is just one player.

Braun is more valuable than any trade piece the Reds possess. But he is just one player.
    Quote Originally Posted by fipp View Post
    How old are you? Do you want to be humiliated?

6. Likes:

cincinnati chili (07-25-2015),Donder (07-25-2015),Tom Servo (07-25-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by villain612 View Post
    Offense is more valuable than pitching. And while Reds do have better offensive players than Braun, they're either untradeable (Votto) or a they would be foolish to trade (Frazier).

Offense is more valuable than pitching. And while Reds do have better offensive players than Braun, they're either untradeable (Votto) or a they would be foolish to trade (Frazier).
    last 1300 ab's

.273 /.338 /.474 /.812

21 million a year for the next 5 seasons

9. Likes:

cincinnati chili (07-25-2015),Donder (07-25-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    last 1300 ab's

.273 /.338 /.474 /.812

21 million a year for the next 5 seasons
    Plus everyone hates him.

I doubt a team backs up the truck for him.

A team might take him, his ego, and his salary. But what they won't give up is a collection of top prospects. The offset would be more a group of B and C type stuff IMO.

We don't need to act like the Brewers are going to potentially be able to turn things around fast with Braun in the fold. That's not where his trade value is.

11. Likes:

Donder (07-25-2015)

Or they could just keep Braun and still have a better offense than the Reds'. The point I was making is that it looks at first blush that the Reds are better off than the Brewers, but I don't really see it. Similar farms, Reds have a tiny edge in starters but a worse bullpen. I don't think it's clear cut at all that Reds have a better present or future than the Brewers. Not even remotely and if pressed at gun point I like the Brewers next three seasons a bit better than the Reds.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Or they could just keep Braun and still have a better offense than the Reds'. .
    They don't have a better offense than the Reds or if they do, just barely. They've outscored the Reds by 24 runs but have played 3 more games. The Reds have a better OBP and better SLG.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/team/_/...pe/2/league/nl

Park factors aren't a big factor here. I'll take the Reds offense especially if Mesoraco is in one piece next year.
    Stick to your guns.

Offense is more valuable than pitching.
    Would have to disagree again. It really depends on the team's situation, doesn't it?

Offense is certainly not more valuable than pitching in the trade market to the Blue Jays is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by fipp View Post
    How old are you? Do you want to be humiliated?

Or they could just keep Braun and still have a better offense than the Reds'. The point I was making is that it looks at first blush that the Reds are better off than the Brewers, but I don't really see it. Similar farms, Reds have a tiny edge in starters but a worse bullpen. I don't think it's clear cut at all that Reds have a better present or future than the Brewers. Not even remotely and if pressed at gun point I like the Brewers next three seasons a bit better than the Reds.
    Braun's been tracking as basically a 2 to 3 win player since all the PED stuff came out. He's crossed the age of 30, I'm not really sure why you are putting this guy on a pedestal. He probably has some lightning left in his bat, but I'm hardly shaking at the thought that they have Braun and we don't. The Reds have two players who are quite a bit better than him, and have more interesting pieces to right the ship in the proper direction.

But Braun is the taste of the day, so there's that.

Time to revisit this thought experiment.

Braun's OPS is currently the same as the Reds third best offensive player, Jay Bruce.

What a weird argument.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

18. Likes:

westofyou (07-26-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Braun's OPS is currently the same as the Reds third best offensive player, Jay Bruce.

What a weird argument.
    I guarantee teams will give up more for Braun than Bruce. Bruce was widely understood as one of the worst players in MLB last season.

I guarantee teams will give up more for Braun than Bruce. Bruce was widely understood as one of the worst players in MLB last season.
    I would guarantee just the opposite. A Brewers trade of Braun would look similar to the Dodgers trade of Kemp, though I doubt any team would make the mistake Preller did of giving up a legit talent like Grandal in that salary dump move by LA. As much as offense is it a premium, nobody wants to be paying a soon to be 32 and clearly declining Braun $19 million in 2019 and $17 million in 2020.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

21. Likes:

Donder (07-26-2015),RiverRat13 (07-27-2015),villain612 (07-26-2015)

Turn Off Ads?