Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: Tuesday 7.28.15 Reds @ Cardinals

Re: Tuesday 7.28.15 Reds @ Cardinals

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Just not getting the great. In 2013 Leake had a lower ERA and higher ERA+

At no point have I ever thought Leake deserved big money. I sit here likely as Leake's biggest fan on this site....but I wouldn't go beyond 4 years $55 million...but at no point did I ever see any reason to give Homer such huge money. Similar stuff to Sherzer yeah....but mound presence, composure and durability has to somehow be factored. A lot of guys with outstanding stuff but everything else he does on the mound just appears (sorry, nothing concrete here and I know that's a no no on here) to be anything beyond average. I did it in the past and don't remember but in that 1 year or maybe both his numbers to Hanigan and then everyone else were drastically, eye-opening different....like Rockies players in Colorado vs on road. .....and then they get rid of Hanigan and sign Homer big. Made no sense and I simply just never have trusted Walt.

I need Homer to be great next year and beyond and if it's debatable then it's not great.
    In Homer's defense, from 2012-2014, he had a considerably lower FIP than Leake, even if the ERA+ difference wasn't that huge. I guess we can go back and forth on what pitching metrics to use to effectively evaluate a pitcher's true talent, but the one stat that solely judges a pitcher without factoring in team defense favored Homer. In addition, Homer had shown flashes of complete dominance in individual games that Leake simply had not. The kind of dominance that looks like could lead to ace potential and/or have more value come playoff time, so the Reds chose Homer instead to give the extension to.

As of right now, Bailey's injuries are definitely disconcerting and 2016-17 will be very important for him, I agree. Leake's best asset has been his durability. The question is if the Reds can afford to pay for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by fipp View Post
    How old are you? Do you want to be humiliated?

2. Likes:

KittyDuran (07-29-2015),Tom Servo (07-29-2015)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Good God guys you made it hard on me tonight. Reverse jinxing all night....to a t

I do it every game I watch him pitch live TV....when I'm not doing it on his starts I have the game DVR'd and slowly fast forward through commercials and never quite catch up to the game.

I couldn't acknowledge the reverse as it would negate it...some of you were trying hard! Lol
    It took me a couple of posts to realize it. My bad.

5. Likes:

Ironman92 (07-29-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Trade the rest of them and let Votto play all the positions.
    First base: Joey Votto
    Second base: Joey Votto
    Third base: Joey Votto

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

Turn Off Ads?