Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Larry Brown at it again...

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Larry Brown at it again...

This guy just befuddles my mind. Why does a legendary coach seem to get caught cheating all the time at the collegiate level?

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...se-vs-the-ncaa

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Larry Brown at it again...

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    This guy just befuddles my mind. Why does a legendary coach seem to get caught cheating all the time at the collegiate level?

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...se-vs-the-ncaa
    It's not like he has a track record at Kansas and UCLA of doing it.

Oh wait, never mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    It's not like he has a track record at Kansas and UCLA of doing it.

Oh wait, never mind.
    LOL. IIRC the UCLA issue was using ineligible players which led to vacating a FF. The Kansas one was providing an airline ticket to a potential transfer. Larry is a smart guy, dang he needs to do a better job of cheating.

He just needs to get a job at UNC. He would be allowed to do anything there!

6. Likes:

Chip R (08-03-2015),Slyder (08-04-2015),WMR (08-03-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    You are right. I used to hear that UNC wouldn't consider him for their basketball HC job because of his past background at UCLA and then Kansas. Now he would fit right in.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    You are right. I used to hear that UNC wouldn't consider him for their basketball HC job because of his past background at UCLA and then Kansas. Now he would fit right in.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Brown's frist head coaching job was at my alma mater, Davidson, where he was the coach after Lefty Driesell left for Maryland. Brown resigned after only 2 months, before ever coaching a game.

https://news.google.com/newspapers?n...,1422341&hl=en

10. Likes:

cumberlandreds (08-03-2015),marcshoe (08-03-2015),Revering4Blue (08-03-2015)

Is it too cynical to think that the NCAA is going to hammer Brown, point to that pridefully, and allow North Carolina to slink out the back door, then hope no one notices?

On a similar note, is it news if ESPN doesn't report it?

A billion dollar industry. Skeletons in the closet of a man deified by the media. The Way.

The longer it last without comment, the more I'm convinced UNC will skate with little to no punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Brown's frist head coaching job was at my alma mater, Davidson, where he was the coach after Lefty Driesell left for Maryland. Brown resigned after only 2 months, before ever coaching a game.

https://news.google.com/newspapers?n...,1422341&hl=en
    He probably cheated there too!!!!!!!!!

Turn Off Ads?