Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread: 8/2/15 Reds vs Pirates

Re: 8/2/15 Reds vs Pirates

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Since 1900 28 times a staff has had 80 HB in a season, No NL team topped 80 in back to back seasons. 2014 Pirates had 88 & the 2015 are on pace for 85, they led the league in 2013 with 70.
    People like to throw those stats on the table but they never say anything about the fact that since 2012, the Pirates have been hit more than they have hit the opponent.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTimeIsNow View Post
    People like to throw those stats on the table but they never say anything about the fact that since 2012, the Pirates have been hit more than they have hit the opponent.
    True, but that is a chicken or an egg thing. Simple fact is more teams (mostly AL) hit more players than ever, only 90 teams have ever hit 70 batters in a season, ten of them predate 1996. The rest are a by product of the steroid era, increased protection and a tighter strike zone. The three teams that show up the most on the Rays, Red Sox and Phillies. The Pirates are about to make their 6th season on the list, the list is about 65% AL teams so it's natural that the NL teams fans are going to going to point their fingers at the NL teams that make up the rest of that list.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    How about you keep exaggerating. Byrd did not get hit in the head and Cutch was hit 18 inches above the "small of the back" he was hit above the numbers right in the middle section between his shoulder blades.
    I think you might be taking this and yourself a bit too seriously. I'm just stating my observations. Good to see you got that screenshot skill down.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    True, but that is a chicken or an egg thing. Simple fact is more teams (mostly AL) hit more players than ever, only 90 teams have ever hit 70 batters in a season, ten of them predate 1996. The rest are a by product of the steroid era, increased protection and a tighter strike zone. The three teams that show up the most on the Rays, Red Sox and Phillies. The Pirates are about to make their 6th season on the list, the list is about 65% AL teams so it's natural that the NL teams fans are going to going to point their fingers at the NL teams that make up the rest of that list.
    I definitely agree that the Pirates hit too many batters... and I agree about the chicken and the egg theory. Who hit who first? Unfortunately, there is no way of really finding out.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    I think you might be taking this and yourself a bit too seriously. I'm just stating my observations. Good to see you got that screenshot skill down.
    Your observation? You said you took the Reds announcers to word. That isn't an observation. If you thought small of the back was the upper portion no big deal.

I believe both were 100% intentional and very similar and you believe the pitch to Byrd was a good bit worse.

I'll be done with this now if you'd like to get the last word in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Your observation? You said you took the Reds announcers to word. That isn't an observation. If you thought small of the back was the upper portion no big deal.

I believe both were 100% intentional and very similar and you believe the pitch to Byrd was a good bit worse.

I'll be done with this now if you'd like to get the last word in.
    I'm not much for being interrogated on a message board. I was talking about the type of pitch Villareal threw. Sorry I could not read fastball or curveball, I saw the end result, that was my observation, where the two were hit. I saw Bird's live and the replay several times. McCutcheon's I saw him turn from the pitch and it plunked him right in the middle of the back. I did not get out a ruler and determine the distance from the defined small of the back that you provided in that fine screen shot. Now, I'm going to ask for a recess, this line of questioning is wearing me out and I have to rethink my alibi.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    I know plenty of people from there. Are they obnoxious about the Bucs? Yes, just as any fan base new to winning is. But they are typically friendly and playful at the park. As a native WVian I've always found the WV variety of Pirate fans to be much, much worse.
    Well I live in WV and my Dad is a Pirates fan but he is a fan of the Reds also.He has always cheered on the Reds but is a big Pirates fan.they are terrible fans every were you look yes in WV,Burg and Ohio.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

Turn Off Ads?