Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 71 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2015

Re: College Football 2015

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Ever since Stoops and Oklahoma won the BCS title game in 2000, he has pretty much has the same MO. Beat up on a pretty average Big 12 and then lay an egg in the bowl game. Stoops looks a lot like Cooper did at OSU, impressive recruiting and teams, a little lackluster in the final performances.
    Yeah it is more the Oklahoma side of the equation that I'm meh about. I don't know much about them, haven't heard much about them, they haven't been relevant for a while, and they seemed to have a hard time putting away a MAC team at home in their opener.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I would be more excited to watch that game if Marquez North were healthy, as I used to work with his sister's father (they aren't blood related) and have followed him since high school.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Ever since Stoops and Oklahoma won the BCS title game in 2000, he has pretty much has the same MO. Beat up on a pretty average Big 12 and then lay an egg in the bowl game. Stoops looks a lot like Cooper did at OSU, impressive recruiting and teams, a little lackluster in the final performances.
    Fair enough. I think you've just spelled out the definition of a team ranked #19. I don't think 19 is overranked for them

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Yeah it is more the Oklahoma side of the equation that I'm meh about. I don't know much about them, haven't heard much about them, they haven't been relevant for a while, and they seemed to have a hard time putting away a MAC team at home in their opener.
    Didn't they win 41-3? What more do you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Fair enough. I think you've just spelled out the definition of a team ranked #19. I don't think 19 is overranked for them

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't they win 41-3? What more do you expect?
    I guess they did pull away in the second half. They got off to a real slow start and I think were only up like 3-0 with 5 minutes to go before half, but like I said, I don't know much about them and haven't followed them.

I guess they did pull away in the second half. They got off to a real slow start and I think were only up like 3-0 with 5 minutes to go before half, but like I said, I don't know much about them and haven't followed them.
    I couldn't name a single player on their team, but I do realize that last week was just game one and a 3-0 score late in the first half wouldn't alarm me.

Malik Zaire done for the year for Notre Dame.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Malik Zaire done for the year for Notre Dame.
    Ouch!!!!!

UC looked horrible yesterday. I don't know about Tommy T. They were absolutely horrible in every phase of the game, turnovers, special teams (giving up an easy onside kick and a KO return TD) and Tommy did nearly nothing. He did not "coach up" anyone. He just stood on the sidelines (like Bear Bryant in his last year) and let his assistants run the show. In modern times this reminds me of Brady Hoke last yr in Mich. When your team is struggling like that, as a HC you need to show some leadership

If you enjoy the absurdity of college football and would find the following topics entertaining, listen to the "Shutdown Fullcast", an SB Nation college football podcast. It is the most scattered, insane, and funniest thing I've heard in a long time. Just be warned, they will take a flame-thrower to your favorite program.
    -Which SEC fanbase is most/least likely to attack and dismember a robot?
    -How a nuclear winter would play directly into Bill Snyder's hands.
    -Reggie Ball fan fiction.
    -What colleges boosters are most likely to own tigers?
    -Why Will Muschamp believes modern farming methods are the trick of the devil.

Those topics are par for the course on the show. It's a riot.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

How is it even possible that Rutgers hasn't fired Kyle Flood yet?

How is it even possible that Rutgers hasn't fired Kyle Flood yet?
    They've made bowls every season hes been there. Is there an off-field situation I'm not aware of, or are our expectations of the Rutgers football program far apart?

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    They've made bowls every season hes been there. Is there an off-field situation I'm not aware of, or are our expectations of the Rutgers football program far apart?
    Rutgers is like a constant TMZ story right now. After Saturday's game in the parking lot one of the players beat up his girlfriend. Last week a bunch of players got suspended for various reasons.

14. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (09-16-2015)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Rutgers is like a constant TMZ story right now. After Saturday's game in the parking lot one of the players beat up his girlfriend. Last week a bunch of players got suspended for various reasons.
    Hmmmmmm. Sounds like the IU basketball team!

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...-flood-3-games

Off field situation for sure. He basically strong armed a professor into changing a players grade so he would be eligible. There are emails and phone transcripts to prove it. Not that it matters, but the player in the situation was later arrested and kicked off the team anyways.

17. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (09-17-2015)

I'm sure the big10+4 is proud to have them on board.
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?