Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Jacksonville Jaguars 2015 Thread

Re: Jacksonville Jaguars 2015 Thread

I'm not liking these baby-puke colored uniforms.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Holy hell NFL, these Thursday uniforms are total fail.
    Go Gators!

Is the game feed freezing for anyone else or is it just my cable?

Well it's 90 minutes before game time. I was actually scouring StubHub to see if I could snag cheap tickets but I guess I'll be in front of widescreen again. Jags won against Titans last Thursday. Wasn't pretty. It never is with Jax, but we've now won 3 out of last 4. Better than the old days when we were gettign blown out.

Jags play SD, and they are beat up and have lost 6 in a row. Jags are actually favored for the first time in a long time. Hopefully they are healthy after 10 days off and out a W on the boards.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Been a couple weeks since I posted. A couple close losses. Seems like the story every time. The Jags are just a hair away from being a winning team. Although the are technically still in the hunt for the Division, especially playing the Colts at home today, my mind has started looking towards free agency and the draft.

The most critical thing for this (and most teams) is finding a franchise QB, and every week that goes by seems to solidify the thought that the Jags found their guy in Bortles. And we seems to be fairly well set at WR and RB. So improving the defense and maybe shoring up the OL would seem to be the order of the day.

Allen Robinson is amazing, so that's a plus this year.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

That was a little better.

Well, last week the Jags shook off all their demons and destroyed the Colts last week 51-16. Strange game..... in many ways the game was much closer than this. We actually trailed at halftime 13-10 , and at the 2 minute warning in the first half it was 13-3 Colts and they had the ball.

Obviously the second half was all Jags, but even then it was like the football gods were paying us back for all the inexplicably bad calls/things that have gone against the Jags in recent years. Every call that the Refs could have made against Jags (and there were several) were not made. Every play that could have been a disaster was instead a gem. And things steamrolled, a couple times the Colts were forced to go for it on 4th down and were stopped which led to Jax scores.....

So setting aside how big the blowout was.... it's obvious to most here that the Jags are ascending. We are at 5 wins with 3 games to go. We won 3 last year. Since week 5 the Jags have scored more points than anyone in the NFL. Bortles looks better every game. We've only lost 3 games all year by more then a touchdown and 2 of those were to Carolina and New England. Our kicker has cost us 2 games.

We are one game out with 3 to play, but the odds are still bad for Jags to make playoffs. Tie breakers don't favor them so basically Jags have to win out and Titans have to beat both Indy and Texans in last 3 weeks. It can happen but it's not likely. You almost wonder if it's worth it. Right now Jags pick 9th, if they win 2 of three and end up 6-9 they probably be around 14. If they sneak into playoffs at 8-8 they will pick 20th at best.

But will be yet another interesting off-season. Besides the draft, we get our 2015 #1 pick who never played a down for us, and we have a ton of cap room, and now it's more likely that top players will consider us in Free Agency. The Defense will be the top priority.

I'm guessing 2016 is a make it or break it year for Gus Bradley and the Jags. They have plenty of talent on offense (Bortles, Yeldon, Hurns, Robinson, Thomas) who, in theory, should be even better next year. Get some more talent on defense (Fowler is a nice bonus) and they could be a real contender. If they disappoint, Bradley is likely axed.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

That's the feeling around town also.

"Here in Jacksonville?

I didn't know they still had a team!"

"Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

After the ugly performance (by the defense) against N.O., there was at least some speculation that Gus Bradley's job might be in jeopardy after all, but he quelled that talk by annoucing Gus was staying for next year (his last year on contract).

General consensus is that bar is raised for next year to at least .500, and most people see to think he was okaying a loss this weekend to the Texans. We stand at #6 for draft selection heading into the game. It's January..... we started talking draft position about mid Oct in 2014.
    Last edited by JaxRed; 01-02-2016 at 09:31 AM.

Turn Off Ads?