Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: 8/27/2015 - Reds vs. Dodgers

Re: 8/27/2015 - Reds vs. Dodgers

Btw, this is why you need to pitch Chapman more often. Rust is just as bad as worn out.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

2. Likes:

BluegrassRedleg (08-27-2015),Rantly (08-27-2015)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Reds fans have been hammering Bruce since 2008. On Redszone it's about split. The gist if what I'm getting from this debate is that you want more 'Bruce sucks' posts.
    The bashing of Schumaker began on post #3 of this thread. He's a player of no consequence to this team's future. It's easy to pick on him and the criticism doesn't stop.

I find that disproportionate. As for Bruce, he gets much more balanced treatment because fans cannot let go of the big name Reds players who came up through the system.

Grandal with a forgetful day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    As for Bruce, he gets much more balanced treatment because fans cannot let go of the big name Reds players who came up through the system.
    I don't think this is right as well. Bruce gets much more balanced treatment because some fans can recognize that he has real value despite flaws and others think his flaws define him and wanted to start Brennan Boesch over him three weeks into the season.

I know where you stand on Bruce, you want him gone. I'm okay with trading him, but I don't want him gone just for the sake of turning the page.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

7. Likes:

Raisor (08-28-2015),Razor Shines (08-27-2015)

Chapman escapes a bases loaded, no out jam.

9. Likes:

Tom Servo (08-27-2015)

and one last thought:

“I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Baseball Reference ‏@baseball_ref 4m4 minutes ago
    Greinke is up to 18 starts w/1 or 0 ER. Since 1980, the Rocket has the most in a season w/21

The guy's going to get a big raise from the paltry 25 MM this season, 26 '16, 25 '17, and 25 for '18 he's due w/ the opt out.

I don't think this is right as well. Bruce gets much more balanced treatment because some fans can recognize that he has real value despite flaws and others think his flaws define him and wanted to start Brennan Boesch over him three weeks into the season.

I know where you stand on Bruce, you want him gone. I'm okay with trading him, but I don't want him gone just for the sake of turning the page.
    I'm not sure if it was you, but at least one poster on the Bruce thread said he was having a great year. Sure he gets critiqued but there's analysis, discussion, give and take, the fans give the guy every chance. Letting him go is like pulling teeth.

I just object, and always have, to the constant berating of the guys at the end of the bench. Because indirectly it's blaming the little guy when the real problem is with some of the big guys.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Is Bruce still chasing excellence?
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

I'm not sure if it was you, but at least one poster on the Bruce thread said he was having a great year. Sure he gets critiqued but there's analysis, discussion, give and take, the fans give the guy every chance. Letting him go is like pulling teeth.

I just object, and always have, to the constant berating of the guys at the end of the bench. Because indirectly it's blaming the little guy when the real problem is with some of the big guys.
    I did indeed say he was having a great year. He was. A month later, he's having an okay year for most but a below average year for Bruce. Needs a big September.

Letting go of one of the only offensive producers on a below average offensive team SHOULD be like pulling teeth.

- - - Updated - - -

We're bad again, swept at home by the Dodgers.

15. Likes:

Razor Shines (08-27-2015)

Ballgame

I did indeed say he was having a great year. He was. A month later, he's having an okay year for most but a below average year for Bruce. Needs a big September.

Letting go of one of the only offensive producers on a below average offensive team SHOULD be like pulling teeth.

- - - Updated - - -

We're bad again, swept at home by the Dodgers.
    Except we're talking about letting go of a hitting star from 2013. It's no longer 2013. And this is not an okay year for a $12MM player.

The bashing of Schumaker began on post #3 of this thread. He's a player of no consequence to this team's future. It's easy to pick on him and the criticism doesn't stop.

I find that disproportionate. As for Bruce, he gets much more balanced treatment because fans cannot let go of the big name Reds players who came up through the system.
    Bruce is a Red who produced one of the greatest moments in this club's modern history, Schumaker is an obnoxious talentless "gritty" Cardinal reject who has been the baseball equivalent of a White Castle fart in a hot car since coming to Cincinnati, an arrival that coincided with the Reds transforming from contender to this current shambles. Skip can go jump in a lake.

I've been as big a Jay Bruce fan as anybody in RZ ever since his drafting, but I can only say now that I look forward to his being traded. There are only two guys on this team I hope to see in the 2017 starting lineup: Votto and Suarez.

Cheekily Non-Conformist CarolinaRedleg's Avatar

The offense serves up a Johnny Cueto special.

Turn Off Ads?