Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: 8.31.15 Reds @ Cubs

Re: 8.31.15 Reds @ Cubs

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Again, I was including A+ as above A ball. There's A, and there's high A. Cueto started 26 games in A+ in 06/07 before finishing with 10 games in AA and 4 games in AAA. Cody Reed pitched in 10 games in A+ this year, his first go around there, and 12 now in AA. That's it.
    And he went from 84 innings to 131 (so far)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Jones View Post
    You're still upset from that thing in April I see. Guess it's from a lack of high notes?
    I don't even know what you're talking about.

You are not memorable.

No, that's a physical concern. Nothing to do with his "confidence achieved by going out on a high note" Mr. Mizzone.

You're still upset from that thing in April I see. Guess it's from a lack of high notes?
    Physical development = development.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Again, I was including A+ as above A ball. There's A, and there's high A. Cueto started 26 games in A+ in 06/07 before finishing with 10 games in AA and 4 games in AAA. Cody Reed pitched in 10 games in A+ this year, his first go around there, and 12 now in AA. That's it.
    High A ball is still A ball. 14 games. He got rushed, (promoted at 22) got hit around, and he turned out alright wouldn't you say? Must have found a high note somewhere.

High A ball is still A ball. 14 games. He got rushed, (promoted at 22) got hit around, and he turned out alright wouldn't you say? Must have found a high note somewhere.
    Yes, he turned out alright. No, that doesn't mean you fast-track every kid up from the farm. If Reed completely kicks down the door in spring training, great. But right now you keep him on the path he's on.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

7. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (08-31-2015)

I agree, all humans are the same.

I wouldn't mind seeing him now, but I understand if they don't want to. Based strictly on financial reasons, not because of "development"
    I've never seen him pitch, and neither have you. He may be ready for the bigs, he may not be. I'll leave that decision to the people who see him pitch on a regular basis. One thing I do know for sure, I will never assume a pitcher is ready for the bigs, simply by looking at his minor league stats. Minor leagues stats can be very misleading, for many reasons.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

10. Likes:

kaldaniels (09-01-2015),RedTeamGo! (09-01-2015)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

I'm sure that people who get paid lots of money for their baseball acumen will make the best decision for the Reds organization this year and in the near future.

There's no need to prove you're smarter, unless you have an ego that won't quit, of course.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Any one think that Billy may have a tough time getting his CF job back?
    From who?

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    From who?
    Rhetorical question based on the night Frenchy had. OBP is pretty good, well, better than Billy, but I wasn't being serious.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

15. Likes:

757690 (09-01-2015),Tom Servo (09-01-2015),traderumor (09-01-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    @jluckhaupt: Last #Reds pitcher to get a save in a game won by 7 or more runs: Brian Reith, 9/16/03 vs Pirates.
    Similarities between Reith and Chapman: both pitchers, both recorded saves in a game won by 7 or more. It ends there.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by GADawg View Post
    so much for momentum in baseball....again. also how do the Cubs ever lose with Maddon in their dugout?
    Yes, the much maligned Price outmanaged the current Super Genius Maddon last night. He brought in his closer with the game on the line and was rewarded with an offensive explosion to follow. Maybe he will catch on to what really happened there...for his next managing opportunity, if it ever comes.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

18. Likes:

Big Klu (09-01-2015)

Turn Off Ads?