Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: 9/2/2015 Reds at Cubbies Afternoon Baseball

Re: 9/2/2015 Reds at Cubbies Afternoon Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by la-di-da-di View Post
    Great win!

I did not think Bryant's ball was a HR off the bat, so I decided to do some cross checking. I had a good laugh after I saw the dimension over lays. Check out left center at wrigley compared to the other parks in the division.

I can't just paste the URLs for the images (or I don't know how), but it's worth a look.

Here is the URL of the park overlay generator

http://www.hittrackeronline.com/ballpark_overlay.php

Easiest way to post the image is to right click the image, open in new tab, copy the url, in the post click on the insert image tab, click the From URL tab, unclick the box saying, retrieve remote file, enter.
    Last edited by klw; 09-02-2015 at 06:35 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    IIRC if a reliever is ineffective but in line for the win, the official scorer can designate another reliever for the win but I do not think it can be the starter.

Edit: it would have to go to a subsequent reliever.

Rule 10.17(c) states:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/blog/archives/13780

So Chapman could be awarded the win but not Iglesias. It would seem that a closer would be happier with a save come arbitration time than a win so I doubt anyone on the Reds would ever argue for the win to go to Aroldis.
    However, a pitcher cannot get a win and a save and since Chapman came into the game in a save situation, he can't get the W. Also, while Hoover did allow the game to be tied, he did get 3 outs so I don't know about the ineffective part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Having Milt Pappas as the guest 7th inning stretch singer with the Reds playing was cold. More than a chance draw IMO.

5. Likes:

Red Raindog (09-02-2015)

Thanks guys. I was fuzzy on that rule.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    However, a pitcher cannot get a win and a save and since Chapman came into the game in a save situation, he can't get the W. Also, while Hoover did allow the game to be tied, he did get 3 outs so I don't know about the ineffective part.
    I was working on the assumption that he would be awarded the win instead of the save rather than his getting both. Save rule says he can't get the win but does not appear to give a save as preferred by rule over a win.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    I was working on the assumption that he would be awarded the win instead of the save rather than his getting both. Save rule says he can't get the win but does not appear to give a save as preferred by rule over a win.
    Well, there's no choice in the situation. He came in the game in a save situation and completed the game with the Reds still having the lead. He has to get the save and since Iggy was ineligible for the win, Hoover gets it. It's a vulture win but it's a win nonetheless. The official scorer has no discretion in this case.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    Having Milt Pappas as the guest 7th inning stretch singer with the Reds playing was cold. More than a chance draw IMO.
    THom and Chris said that today was the anniversary of Milt's no-hitter with the Cubs.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

10. Likes:

cumberlandreds (09-03-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    THom and Chris said that today was the anniversary of Milt's no-hitter with the Cubs.
    Milt had a no-hitter? Wonders never cease. He's gotta be in the seven decade group anyway. Bless his heart. He didn't choose to come to Cincinnati, Bill Dewitt (less) did.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Milt had a no-hitter? Wonders never cease. He's gotta be in the seven decade group anyway. Bless his heart. He didn't choose to come to Cincinnati, Bill Dewitt (less) did.
    He would have had perfect game but Bruce Froeming decided he would be the show instead and made a horrible call on a pitch that resulted in a walk.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I got home and turned the game on at just about the time Votto homered. So I'll take partial credit for the win.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

14. Likes:

Big Klu (09-03-2015),redsmetz (09-04-2015)

Turn Off Ads?