Thread: 9/10/2015 Reds Birds at Red Legs

Re: 9/10/2015 Reds Birds at Red Legs

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  58.6 KB

2. Turn Off Ads?

RIP George's flip-phone
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

4. Likes:

Big Klu (09-10-2015)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Nice work from Tony and his big beard
    Love the idea of him coming out of the pen for an inning or two. He and Keyveeeuuuss will make a great mid-leverage shutdown duo.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Was it me? Cause I do think it's an issue, I'm not denying that it exists, but it's not my big concern with Lamb. I know you have a 7 innings, 7 innings, 7 innings mindset, but you have to learn to crawl before you walk. It's hard enough to get major league hitters out and that's what I most want to see Lamb do consistently. Once you've figured out how to do that, then you worry about pitch count and cutting down on waste pitches. He's clearly durable.

Of course these guys are developing kids. No kidding.

But just like the euphoria about Sampson last night (which I had the audacity to disrupt), I think Mr. Lamb has some stuff to prove.

New is usually better than old. Just sayin'
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    New is usually better than old. Just sayin'
    New coke

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Love the idea of him coming out of the pen for an inning or two. He and Keyveeeuuuss will make a great mid-leverage shutdown duo.

10. Likes:

'69 (09-10-2015),Tom Servo (09-10-2015),WrongVerb (09-10-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post

But just like the euphoria about Sampson last night (which I had the audacity to disrupt), I think Mr. Lamb has some stuff to prove.
    I think Sampson ends up in the pen. Lamb would make a remarkable #5 starter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    New coke
    Fay Vincent was the architect of that. Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post

I dunno man, I don't think there was much 'euphoria'. With Sampson it was just 'hmm, maybe he could be a good bullpen arm' and with Lamb it's 'hmm, maybe he could be a solid BOR guy' and you rain on the parade. And I'm fine with that, but I'm gonna push back a little. I also remember you complaining about Lamb's pitch count early in his last start, yet he entered the 6th inning and a very manageable 82 pitches.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

I think Sampson ends up in the pen. Lamb would make a remarkable #5 starter.
    Beat me to my position while I was busy looking up Lamb's pitch count from his last start. Damn you, Dan.

Jose Oquendo could probably still field most of those line drives that come his way in the 3b coach's box

- - - Updated - - -

Beat me to my position while I was busy looking up Lamb's pitch count from his last start. Damn you, Dan.
    Although my girlfriend would disagree, I have an efficiency of words.

NM
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

After watching this Cardinal team the last four games (apparently 1-3 if this holds up), I think the St. Louis team is tanking big time. Garcia was throwing batting practice and a rookie pitcher was shutting them out. Now the hideous bullpen is mowing them down. My bet is the Pirates run them down and pass them before the end of the month.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    After watching this Cardinal team the last four games (apparently 1-3 if this holds up), I think the St. Louis team is tanking big time. Garcia was throwing batting practice and a rookie pitcher was shutting them out. Now the hideous bullpen is mowing them down. My bet is the Pirates run them down and pass them,
    Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    After watching this Cardinal team the last four games (apparently 1-3 if this holds up), I think the St. Louis team is tanking big time. Garcia was throwing batting practice and a rookie pitcher was shutting them out. Now the hideous bullpen is mowing them down. My bet is the Pirates run them down and pass them before the end of the month.
    So what you're saying is that the Cardinals are tanking? Just wanting to make sure.

So what you're saying is that the Cardinals are tanking? Just wanting to make sure.

Turn Off Ads?