Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wed 9.16.15 Reds @ Byrds and Leakes (No he is not the SP)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Re: Wed 9.16.15 Reds @ Byrds and Leakes (No he is not the SP)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Marlon is too much of a gentleman to tell it all, but I have to wonder what got him so upset at Jay Bell. All he would tell in private messages was that he had no problem with his teammates, but "others" were a different story. Regardless, I felt like he was the only hitter in the lineup that wasn't guessing and not reading the pitch outside of Votto.

- - - Updated - - -

Too close to call. It might have gone over the corner of the bag, but then again maybe not.
    From my vantage it looked fair but I'll defer to the ump with much closer call.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Since Cigrani was warming up and Matheus came in, you ever get the feeling that Price just doesn't like Tony?
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

4. Likes:

757690 (09-17-2015),Banshee (09-17-2015)

SKIPPPPPY!!

Skippy drives in run 2. Land sakes!!!
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Woo Hoo! we got to three pages on the game thread with only three of us paying attention and one of us is at the ballpark. We're setting a new record of slothdom and indifference. Colbert is good tonight too. That is all.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

8. Likes:

WrongVerb (09-17-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Woo Hoo! we got to three pages on the game thread with only three of us paying attention and one of us is at the ballpark. We're setting a new record of slothdom and indifference. Colbert is good tonight too. That is all.
    I've liked Colbert since he showed up as a "correspondent" on the daily show, and I'm glad that he's got a good show tonight. Having said that, he/his people need to step on the gas: that first week imho was brutal. The Biden interview felt like a review of a funeral. While it seemed genuine, it sure wasn't funny or entertaining to me. And I don't dislike Biden and can empathize w/ his loss, but it was just too heavy for me.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

I am so tired of Bruce.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

11. Likes:

Red Raindog (09-17-2015)

God Bless The Hopper. Never fear, he will ruin a decent comeback with his nauseating perpetual motion on the mound. 5-2 Giants
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

I thought it never rained in California
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Votto singled
    Phillips hit by a pitch
    Frazier walked
    Bases loaded down 5-2

Bets on how we don't score? I say we score two. Of course no one's here so carry on...
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Typical. Cabrerra ground ball double play and it's 5-3 with Suarez up. Maybe we'll only get one. Yep. Suarez pops out to Byrdman. ho hum
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Commercial time. Gotta wonder how stupid those people on the Chevy commercials to think that they're in a BMW. I mean, have they never been in a BMW. BMW should sue.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Were there actually takers for Bruce at the deadline?
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

After a base hit by Skippy, a ground out off the pitcher's leg and A French Guy base hit, it's first and third, one out and Brucie up. I am not confident. 1-5 hitter against this pitcher.

Bruce strikes out for the fourth time, throw out at second with Hamilton trying to steal. Holy crap. Bryan Price challenges the out at second. Hamilton is safe, but I'm tired of Bruce's tired act.

Votto up. Intentional walk with Phillips up. Chickens, but smart. Good manager in Bochy.

Phillips goes to 2-0. 2-1 with a taken strike. Ground ball to short and the game is over.

Crap
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

19. Likes:

WrongVerb (09-17-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    Were there actually takers for Bruce at the deadline?
    My understanding is the Mets backed out when they looked at his record of slumps and inconsistency. He is the biggest disappointment I've ever seen in 50+ years as a Reds fan. He has no concept of pitches and the strike zone. I am very disappointed in what I thought was going to be a world class player.

I tried to get to four pages in what has to be one of the slowest and shortest game s\threads in the history of RedsZone. We didn't make it and I expect the same for the rest of the season. It's sad that this franchise has come to this. I blame everyone involved at the management level and the front office.
    Last edited by WVRedsFan; 09-17-2015 at 01:30 AM.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

21. Likes:

malcontent (09-17-2015)

Turn Off Ads?