Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Mon 9.21.15 Reds @ team they are playing after the Brewers

Re: Mon 9.21.15 Reds @ team they are playing after the Brewers

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    That's right. I'd forgotten about that diving catch by Negron. But they didn't DL him? LOL. Whatever.
    No, with the 40-man roster in effect for September, there is no need to disable him unless they want to use his roster spot for someone who isn't currently on the 40-man roster (like Falu or Chang), in which case they would put him on the 60-day DL.

But it underscores the lack of defensive depth on the current roster when you consider that Hamilton, LaMarre, and Negrón are the three best defensive CF's on the team. (Bourgeois is capable, as well.)
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Didn't get why they didn't DL Negron and call up somebody like Falu, like you said. Now guys have dropped like flies and the Reds have no bench despite being able to carry 40 freakin guys.
    As I mentioned, I would call up Waldrop and Skipworth for no other reason than they are both on the 40-man roster and have a pulse. I would also put Negrón on the 60-day DL and purchase the contract of Falu. With the decision to shut down Hamilton for the year, I would probably put him on the 60-day DL too and purchase the contract of Ray Chang, just to reward him for being a solid organizational player.

But hey, we've got 18 pitchers though!
    Last edited by Big Klu; 09-21-2015 at 11:32 PM.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

4. Likes:

cumberlandreds (09-22-2015),_Sir_Charles_ (09-22-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Don't get me wrong. I don't trust him either. I thought he should've been dealt at the trade deadline when he was at his highest value because I fully expected him to fall off a cliff (same as Frazier).

But guys are saying he's garbage and that he's been bad this year. And that's simply not true. I don't want to see him on the club moving forward but I also have to acknowledge that up until September he's had a VERY nice season. This month has been a dumpster fire for sure.
    Yeah, and I agree. He had a fantastic four months, but if I were in charge (and thank God I'm not), he would be a mop-up pitcher. With only a few games to go, it shouldn't be a problem.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

may be old news, but Billy is having surgery and is out for the duration. I know they don't want to start the clock on anyone, but there is 12 or 13 games left and I doubt they can be three players short to play the outfield.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    As I mentioned, I would call up Waldrop and Skipworth for no other reason than they are both on the 40-man roster and have a pulse. I would also put Negrón on the 60-day DL and purchase the contract of Falu. With the decision to shut down Hamilton for the year, I would probably put him on the 60-day DL too and purchase the contract of Ray Chang, just to reward him for being a solid organizational player.

But hey, we've got 18 pitchers though!
    No reason not to put a couple of these injured guys on the 60 day DL and open up spots to bring people to the bench. Just have some warm bodies anyway. Reds are so cheap its pathetic.
    I didn't watch any of this game. Sounded like a good game from Lamb. Too bad it was wasted with no run support. But at this point you just want to see some improvement from these young starters. Lamb has been getting better so there is some hope with him.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?