Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Liquid Water Flowing on Mars

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Re: Liquid Water Flowing on Mars

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    I liked their ship since there's a good chance that'll be what our first ship to Mars looks like.

But space is radiation filled dangerous place. We'll figure it out.
    The ship was a thing of beauty -- but, I imagine any ship we take to Mars (even if it's built for multiple Earth-Mars transits the way they said this one was) will be a lot less spacious and have a lot more bulk around the crew parts in order to shield from radiation.

I hope to see something like it in my lifetime, but I have serious doubts that we'll ever have the political and financial will to go.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    Here's a fun fact: There is an international agreement, signed in the 1960's that states that no country can have direct physical contact with water found on an celestial body for fear of contamination.

So yeah. There is water on Mars, Pluto, possibly Charon, and probably Saturn's moons Enceladus and Europa. Can't analyze though. Can only look at it.

Kind of a bummer.
    Europa is a moon of Jupiter.

Last edited by Big Klu; 10-25-2015 at 02:37 PM.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Mars needs women
    Does the name Dejah Thoris mean nothing to you?!

I would post a picture, but I don't think there are any that are RZ appropriate on the web.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

5. Likes:

Caveat Emperor (10-26-2015)

Turn Off Ads?