Turn Off Ads?

Thread: SMU

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

SMU

Larry Brown just got spanked.....

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...postseason-ban

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: SMU

Wow! What a surprise. Who would have thought Larry Brown would do such things? Shocking............
    Reds Fan Since 1971

When is UNCheat*** getting theirs?

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    When is UNCheat*** getting theirs?
    I'm sure the women's basketball program will be severely punished for their transgressions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

6. Likes:

Assembly Hall (09-30-2015),BillDoran (09-29-2015),cumberlandreds (09-29-2015),Revering4Blue (09-29-2015),WMR (09-29-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I'm sure the women's basketball program will be severely punished for their transgressions.
    Yeah, I mean, it's obvious that's what this decades-long conspiracy was set up to benefit, women's hoops.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    How is he allowed to coach at a NCAA program? I realize the most recent transgression wasn't especially serious (relative the other shenanigans that go on in the NCAA), but I see a pattern forming.

Taking a gamble for the big money of NCAA basketball is not surprising on the risk vs. reward scale, but doing shady stuff to raise the stature of the golf program? What was the reward there? Maybe a better job at a school that pays golf coaches a high salary? Personal satisfaction? Chicks?
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...shed-yet-again

When UCLA was disciplined in 1981, Brown already had moved on to the New Jersey Nets. When the hammer dropped on Kansas, he was back in the NBA, at San Antonio.

At least this time he'll have to sit back and watch his SMU team, a favorite to win the American Athletic Conference and make a good run in the NCAA tournament, shutter its season before Selection Sunday. At least this time he'll have to look seniors Nic Moore and Markus Kennedy in the eye when they are denied their shining moments.

At least this time, Brown may actually feel the sting of what he's done.

Otherwise, there's not much more than "Dog bites man" here, to use the old newspaper analogy.

Is university president R. Gerald Turner, who reportedly pushed to hire Brown, really surprised? Is anyone? Larry Brown is a brilliant basketball mind. He's an engaging and entertaining talker. And he no more belongs in college athletics than Lance Armstrong would teaching an ethics class.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

11. Likes:

Assembly Hall (09-30-2015),BillDoran (09-30-2015)

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Nah, NC State's men's program will be punished.

They've been hammered by the NCAA for far less than anything that's gone on for years in Chapel Hill and Durham. The precedent has already been set.
    Last edited by Revering4Blue; 09-30-2015 at 02:14 AM.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

13. Likes:

Assembly Hall (09-30-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    My favorite quote:

"Absolutely I'm worried about it," Brown said after the Mustangs' shootaround at Indiana on Thursday. "What's troubling me the most is that some of that stuff dates back to coach [Dean] Smith, and we all know the character of that man."
    According to the stuff that happened under his watch, I'd argue that we don't know his character, but many of us suspect he's one hell of a hypocrite.

16. Likes:

Assembly Hall (09-30-2015),WMR (10-01-2015)

Larry, you got issues.

Turn Off Ads?