Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2015 Season

Re: NFL 2015 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Yeah I can understand wanting to show confidence in your call, but oftentimes the other officials look to see who got the best look and is most sure of the call. That guy didn't get a good look at the play so he would have had no reason to be so confident.
    I'm not sure which call you're referring to but the "bat out of bounds" call had an official in great position to make the call. He was right there. You'll see him in the replay behind the play and no obstruction. His call was that it was not intentional. Of course KJ Wright said afterwards that it was definitely intentional

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Unless a Lion put on his superman cape and was as fast as flash, they weren't getting to the ball.
    This is why it was a stupid play on Wright's part. Unlike pass interference where uncatchable balls are waved off, I don't think there's anything in the rulebook that states that a player from another team has to have a chance of recovering it. If it was in the rulebook that way, I'd argue that it's putting too much on the official's back. It's hard enough for him to be a mindreader as to whether it was intentional or not

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I'm not sure which call you're referring to but the "bat out of bounds" call had an official in great position to make the call. He was right there. You'll see him in the replay behind the play and no obstruction. His call was that it was not intentional. Of course KJ Wright said afterwards that it was definitely intentional
    Oh yea I totally agree about the Seahawks game call. I was talking about the Jeremy Hill 2pt conversion call where the official was so emphatic on an obviously wrong call.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    It wasn't a fumble out of the back of the end zone, though. It was batted out by a defender, which is illegal.
    That's true, although it probably would have gone out anyways. If the rule was that you either have to recover the ball or the offense keeps it, than we wouldn't have the problem with this other stupid batting the ball rule that apparently no one knew about.

I think it's funny "no one knew about it"

During the halftime show Berman specifically talked about the Oakland Raider "holy roller" play which resulted in the rule where you cannot advance the ball like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    What stood out about the Jeremy Hill play wasn't that they missed the call, that stuff happens, but how emphatic the official was when he said Hill was stopped short. There's nothing he could have seen to be so sure on that call.
    If you replay it, there's a shot of the ref staring unimpeded directly at Hill when Hill has the ball outstretched two feet past the goal line. The side judge was making a conscious effort to lean his body two feet into the endzone to make sure he was unimpeded and there wasn't any body that was close to blocking his view of Hill's head, Hill's arms, and the football from being viewed. Yet, he just stood there and didn't raise his arms into the air. What could he have possibly been looking at?
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

8. Likes:

Chip R (10-06-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I think it's funny "no one knew about it"

During the halftime show Berman specifically talked about the Oakland Raider "holy roller" play which resulted in the rule where you cannot advance the ball like that.
    That's a bit of a different play and that rule doesn't go into effect until the last 2 minutes of a game. That was a play where the Raiders - who were on offense - kept fumbling the ball forward to get better field position.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

11. Likes:

Assembly Hall (10-06-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    That's a bit of a different play and that rule doesn't go into effect until the last 2 minutes of a game. That was a play where the Raiders - who were on offense - kept fumbling the ball forward to get better field position.
    That would have been a fun scenario though if a Lion other than Megatron would have recovered the fumble in the endzone....yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    That would have been a fun scenario though if a Lion other than Megatron would have recovered the fumble in the endzone....yikes.
    The refs probably would have got that wrong too.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

My NFL team is the Lions, and my MLB team is the Reds.
    If it wasn't for the Buckeyes I would never see success in any sports team.
    But I am already over the game, after that 0-16 year, and the Calvin Johnson rule, plays like this don't hit me like they should. But when I saw it I said I knew it was illegal, and how people who get paid to know the rules, don't know the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by PXShaman View Post
    My NFL team is the Lions, and my MLB team is the Reds.
    If it wasn't for the Buckeyes I would never see success in any sports team.
    But I am already over the game, after that 0-16 year, and the Calvin Johnson rule, plays like this don't hit me like they should. But when I saw it I said I knew it was illegal, and how people who get paid to know the rules, don't know the rules.
    Wasn't it amazing that the talking heads at ESPN didn't know that it was illegal? When I saw it, I thought "isn't that a penalty?" I figured that I was mistaken since it wasn't brought up but I soon found out differently.

I wish I knew why teams like Seattle get all these calls and Detroit doesn't. Supposedly these things even out but I'm not so sure. I will say that Seattle got jobbed by the refs in the 2005 Super Bowl at Ford Field vs the Steelers but that wasn't as blatant as this one or the non push off PI call in the Failed Mary vs GB

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Wasn't it amazing that the talking heads at ESPN didn't know that it was illegal? When I saw it, I thought "isn't that a penalty?" I figured that I was mistaken since it wasn't brought up but I soon found out differently.

I wish I knew why teams like Seattle get all these calls and Detroit doesn't. Supposedly these things even out but I'm not so sure. I will say that Seattle got jobbed by the refs in the 2005 Super Bowl at Ford Field vs the Steelers but that wasn't as blatant as this one or the non push off PI call in the Failed Mary vs GB
    I have no hard feelings about it, at all. Lions should really be 4-0 really, but they have never had a good coaching staff since they have had Stafford. We pick up Caldwell who I don't think is head coach material, and wonder why we have problems. Lions need a real coach that can bring in a real OC. Until then, I don't really care.

My favorite quote about being a lions fan is this: Lions are like your best friend that is trying to start a band or do his own show. You show up to show support, and when he gets on stage and his name is announce you just shout YEAHHHH. Then you proceed to get drunk and have no expectations. It is fine, at least the buckeyes are undefeated.

So Greg Hardy said this:

"I love seeing Tom Brady. You seen his wife? I hope she comes to the game. I hope her sister comes to the game."
    Doesn't really seem that bad but Brady is already on a revenge tour and we know he loves using stuff like this for motivation as much as anyone in the league (like Jordan did)....why oh why would you say anything? Scoreboard is getting run up this weekend.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    So Greg Hardy said this:

Doesn't really seem that bad but Brady is already on a revenge tour and we know he loves using stuff like this for motivation as much as anyone in the league (like Jordan did)....why oh why would you say anything? Scoreboard is getting run up this weekend.
    Probably the only place Hardy has seen her is online, because it's been a couple of years since he's been in an NFL stadium.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Turn Off Ads?