Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisville Basketball Scandal---- are the cardinals about to be cooked?

Re: Louisville Basketball Scandal---- are the cardinals about to be cooked?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    So ESPN had Matt Jones on today to talk about this scandal. Umm...that's not a particularly good choice if they were going for objective journalism.
    They could have had Pat Forde on, who has even said that Pitinos job could be in jeopardy. That one surprised me.

From everything I've read, the smoking gun could be Antonio Blakeney. He committed to Louisville then backed out ten days later and eventually committed to LSU. He was mentioned in the book as having prostitutes sent to the room for him and his dad.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    They could have had Pat Forde on, who has even said that Pitinos job could be in jeopardy. That one surprised me.

From everything I've read, the smoking gun could be Antonio Blakeney. He committed to Louisville then backed out ten days later and eventually committed to LSU. He was mentioned in the book as having prostitutes sent to the room for him and his dad.
    Why would Blackney ever admit to having sex with a prostitute? What's in it for him?

My guess is that it's for real simply because Pitino didn't deny any of it. In fact, he went out of his way to say that.

Telling, IMO, for those that are willing to hear.

I think they tend to frown on having former ESPN employees on but I could be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    I think they tend to frown on having former ESPN employees on but I could be wrong.
    They could have found someone with at least a glimmer of objectivity, though. This would be like having WMR on to talk about it.

6. Likes:

Assembly Hall (10-05-2015),WMR (10-05-2015)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

They could have found someone with at least a glimmer of objectivity, though. This would be like having WMR on to talk about it.
    That dang WMR. I just got off the phone with him. He is my "go to" guy when it comes to happenings involving the Kentucky schools. I know he is a big UK guy but I trust his somewhat unbiased opinion on the other ones. He told me Louisville and Pitino are facing major sanctions. I think he said it had something to do with NCAA Rule TnA-69.........."Lack of Prostitutional Control". I trust him! LOL

@WMR....sorry dude I couldnt help myself. You can get me back later!!!!!

8. Likes:

TSJ55 (10-07-2015)

When I heard Jones was going to be on, I could just imagine the steam coming out of the ears of the collective Louisville fanbase. I haven't seen his appearance, but it sounded like he held back on the incendiary vitriol...

Anyway, I had to finally try my hand at one of the infamous "Hitler" Videos... a couple NSFW words...

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    That dang WMR. I just got off the phone with him. He is my "go to" guy when it comes to happenings involving the Kentucky schools. I know he is a big UK guy but I trust his somewhat unbiased opinion on the other ones. He told me Louisville and Pitino are facing major sanctions. I think he said it had something to do with NCAA Rule TnA-69.........."Lack of Prostitutional Control". I trust him! LOL

@WMR....sorry dude I couldnt help myself. You can get me back later!!!!!
    After hearing the fathers of recruits got in on the action, it certainly creates a prime opening for a new "Papa John's" Ad campaign.

11. Likes:

cumberlandreds (10-06-2015),Revering4Blue (10-06-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    After hearing the fathers of recruits got in on the action, it certainly creates a prime opening for a new "Papa John's" Ad campaign.
    LOL.....I hear they are already calling this in New England Patriot fashion....Forni-gate.

13. Likes:

Chip R (10-05-2015),TSJ55 (10-07-2015)

I don't disagree, but I do find it funny though that Louisville fans are more upset that ESPN had Matt Jones for commentary instead of being upset over paying for prostitutes for players and recruits.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

15. Likes:

cumberlandreds (10-06-2015)

Allegations of payments for prostitutes for players and recruits.

That may be, but nobody is really denying it.

That may be, but nobody is really denying it.
    I suspect "Cardinal" sins have been committed.

19. Likes:

Chip R (10-05-2015)

It should tell you something when neither Pitino nor Jurich denied the allegations.

Of course, if you're a Cardinal fan, at this point, you're grasping at any straw possible, I'd imagine.

(That's what she said.)

I don't really care if it's true or not, personally. I dislike Pitino more than any UK fan. You guys at least liked him at one point.

But these allegations are far from proven.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    It should tell you something when neither Pitino nor Jurich denied the allegations.

Of course, if you're a Cardinal fan, at this point, you're grasping at any straw possible, I'd imagine.

(That's what she said.)
    I just got a feeling this is gonna turn out bad....but I am luvin' the s@#T.

Turn Off Ads?