Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisville Basketball Scandal---- are the cardinals about to be cooked?

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Re: Louisville Basketball Scandal---- are the cardinals about to be cooked?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I don't really care if it's true or not, personally. I dislike Pitino more than any UK fan. You guys at least liked him at one point.

But these allegations are far from proven.
    "I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky" (finger pointing)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I don't really care if it's true or not, personally. I dislike Pitino more than any UK fan. You guys at least liked him at one point.

But these allegations are far from proven.
    And I still do. Pitino took over a program with NCAA sanctions that nearly got the death penalty and made Kentucky into a mid 90s powerhouse. He will always be remembered for that.

My biggest issue was Pitino always thinking he was bigger than Kentucky, and truthfully, Louisville as well. That's why I enjoy the rivalry more with Cal as coach and completely dominating the series. While Pitino did restore Kentucky, there were four banners hanging in the rafters before he ever came to Lexington.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    And I still do. Pitino took over a program with NCAA sanctions that nearly got the death penalty and made Kentucky into a mid 90s powerhouse. He will always be remembered for that.

My biggest issue was Pitino always thinking he was bigger than Kentucky, and truthfully, Louisville as well. That's why I enjoy the rivalry more with Cal as coach and completely dominating the series. While Pitino did restore Kentucky, there were four banners hanging in the rafters before he ever came to Lexington.
    Pitino turned UK around in a hurry. I believe in his second year they finished in Top 10 but were on probation.

And I thought they had 5 in the rafters before Rick got there?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    My biggest issue was Pitino always thinking he was bigger than Kentucky
    Then how in the world can you even stand your current coach?
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Pitino turned UK around in a hurry. I believe in his second year they finished in Top 10 but were on probation.

And I thought they had 5 in the rafters before Rick got there?
    Yea they won 22 games his 2nd year. I don't remember where they were ranked at the end. They were still on probation that year so they couldn't go to the NCAA's. Pitino did put up title number six in 96. That 96 team is still the best UK team I have ever seen in all my years of following them,
    I never did mind that Pitino went to Louisville. I have never really understood all the angst in that. He left UK for the pros. When that didn't work out you knew he would get a high profile college job. Louisville just happened to be the first one available. Although I think he did have a shot at the Michigan job too. When I started to really dislike him was when he got involved with that crazy woman and all that sorriness around that episode. I've never had any respect for him as a person since. I don't doubt that he knew at least some of what was going on with this current escapade. Even if he didn't, he is paid to know everything that happens within his program. If this is proven to be true then he should go down with the ship.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Cal does know how to defer to the fans. Pitino always had a certain smirk that really turned off a lot of people even when things were going extremely well. I don't sense that nearly as much with Cal.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

8. Likes:

WMR (10-06-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Yea they won 22 games his 2nd year. I don't remember where they were ranked at the end. They were still on probation that year so they couldn't go to the NCAA's. Pitino did put up title number six in 96. That 96 team is still the best UK team I have ever seen in all my years of following them,
    I never did mind that Pitino went to Louisville. I have never really understood all the angst in that. He left UK for the pros. When that didn't work out you knew he would get a high profile college job. Louisville just happened to be the first one available. Although I think he did have a shot at the Michigan job too. When I started to really dislike him was when he got involved with that crazy woman and all that sorriness around that episode. I've never had any respect for him as a person since. I don't doubt that he knew at least some of what was going on with this current escapade. Even if he didn't, he is paid to know everything that happens within his program. If this is proven to be true then he should go down with the ship.
    From an IU perspective, I remember Rick's first year. The Hoosiers were coming off a great season the year before but lost key pieces. IU went into Rupp with a freshman laden team and beat the 'Cats by 30. I was shocked and couldnt believe how far UK had fallen. The very next year(Rick's second) UK came to Bloomington, IU escaped with like a 3 point victory. I remember thinking to myself, "Wow that was fast". That IU team won the B1G that year and finished #3 in the polls. UK finished #9. Pitino turned the ship around in nano second.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Calipari doesn't think he's bigger than Kentucky.

He also, as far as I know, hasn't had an affair with a deranged woman on a restaurant table. And then played the holier-than-thou/ my brother-in-law died in 9/11 card.

11. Likes:

WMR (10-06-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    From an IU perspective, I remember Rick's first year. The Hoosiers were coming off a great season the year before but lost key pieces. IU went into Rupp with a freshman laden team and beat the 'Cats by 30. I was shocked and couldnt believe how far UK had fallen. The very next year(Rick's second) UK came to Bloomington, IU escaped with like a 3 point victory. I remember thinking to myself, "Wow that was fast". That IU team won the B1G that year and finished #3 in the polls. UK finished #9. Pitino turned the ship around in nano second.
    Actually that 30 point beating came when Sutton was still the coach in his last season. Pitino's first team nearly beat IU in Indianapolis. They lost by two points and had a chance with the game winning shot. That sort of kicked off the Pitino's Bombino's team. That was his first team and it was miracle that they went 13-13. IIRC they did lose to IU the next season in Bloomington by about 3 or 4 points.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

13. Likes:

Revering4Blue (10-06-2015),WMR (10-06-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Actually that 30 point beating came when Sutton was still the coach in his last season. Pitino's first team nearly beat IU in Indianapolis. They lost by two points and had a chance with the game winning shot. That sort of kicked off the Pitino's Bombino's team. That was his first team and it was miracle that they went 13-13. IIRC they did lose to IU the next season in Bloomington by about 3 or 4 points.
    Yeah, you are correct. Damn, I am getting old!!!!!!!!

15. Likes:

WMR (10-06-2015)

Jefferson County Commonwealth Attorney Thomas Wine (4 year undergrad & law school at UL ... had Andre McGee's attorney Scott Cox present at his swearing in) using the media to engage in attempted witness intimidation.

As an Indiana boy, I have been seeing reports that Evansville native JaQuan Lyle is mentioned in the book. IU had him, then he committed to the 'Ville. Later de-committed from the Cards and chose Oregon. Then left there due to some sex charges levied against other players. He is in enrolled at Ohio St. now. The plot thickens.

Oregon and Ohio State have better hookers?

Not that I don't believe this woman's story but in the book recap she said 700 texts to McGee were deleted by a virus. Of course that is possible but it's quite a coincidence that all those texts just disappeared.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?