Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Any of you guys play DraftKings or Fanduel

Re: Any of you guys play DraftKings or Fanduel

Yeah, this all seems pretty sketchy. Too bad, I sort of enjoyed daily fantasy and just started this year.

I should probably cash out now and take my $7 loss. Obviously, there will be no Christmas this year.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Maybe because the information is too valuable and effects their ability for their bots to manipulate the results.

Don't know at all. Just saying that it doesn't make a lot of sense why PFF would stop selling the service to the masses...at any price.
    I agree that the fact that employees of the sites who play on other sites (and who all seem to be really close with each other) have access to data that others do not is troubling, as is the seeming complete lack of regulation and oversight. But I don't think the PFF data being available impacts the sites one way or the other--they make a rake regardless of who wins. Now, it would not surprise me if Vegas and the books have an interest in keeping that info secret.

An intelligent gambler stacks the odds in his favor. A really intelligent gambler knows the outcome before he places his bet.
    not in the real world.

If any of you guys want to throw money away I have a Paypal account you can target

6. Likes:

Redsfaithful (10-15-2015),RedTeamGo! (10-07-2015),Tom Servo (10-07-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    If any of you guys want to throw money away I have a Paypal account you can target
    seems like a bit of an underlay to me. One should always try to avoid underlays.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    "FBI agents from the Boston Office". Draft Kings is a Boston-based company, so it's natural that the Boston office does the investigation, but it's interesting how these things happen in Boston.

Anyone watch "Black Mass" or any of the other documentaries on corrupt Boston FBI agents, or do any research on them? They have a major public relations mess, so I'm not surprised at them trying to jump in on this train and see if they can get some good ink for their office.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

"FBI agents from the Boston Office". Draft Kings is a Boston-based company, so it's natural that the Boston office does the investigation, but it's interesting how these things happen in Boston.

Anyone watch "Black Mass" or any of the other documentaries on corrupt Boston FBI agents, or do any research on them? They have a major public relations mess, so I'm not surprised at them trying to jump in on this train and see if they can get some good ink for their office.
    Crazy stuff that went on with Whitey Bulger. But that's for another thread in a different forum.

Nevada gaming officials have ordered DraftKings and FanDuel to stop operations within the state of Nevada:

Nevada regulators ruled on Thursday that playing daily fantasy sports should be considered gambling, not a game of skill, and ordered websites like DraftKings and FanDuel to stop operating immediately in the state until the companies and their employees receive state gambling licenses.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Crazy stuff that went on with Whitey Bulger. But that's for another thread in a different forum.

Nevada gaming officials have ordered DraftKings and FanDuel to stop operations within the state of Nevada:
    I saw that elsewhere and wondered why Nevada is blocking gambling. Puts them in a tough position. They get gambling licences and they are illegal in all the other states. They don't and they are banned in Nevada.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Sound good, anything to get their commercials off the air.
    Go Gators!

13. Likes:

Chip R (10-15-2015),RedTeamGo! (10-16-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post

Here's a link:

http://ca.reuters.com/article/sports...0SA00A20151016
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

In DK started with 10 dollars right before the season and have 22 dollars now. I reckon I should prolly get that money out before the feds seize their operation lol.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    It's a scam where a few people "win" all of the money.

No thanks.
    This point comes up in almost every article written about fantasy, and everybody tries to use this to show that the average joe has no chance to win money. But it's a very disingenuous statistic. The few people who win most of the money are also the people who are putting in most of the money, so of course they're getting most of the winnings. I play daily fantasy, probably around the volume of the average DFS player at ~$30/week. The guys who are winning a lot of money are putting in $10,000 - $50,000 per week. If I double my money, and they double their money, I'm only winning 3% as much as the "shark", even though our success rate is the same. There are still plenty of smaller players making some money, but based on how much money they put in, they'll never make much money.

If everybody was putting in the same amount of money and a few guys were winning everything, then that could be a problem. That's not how it works though.

17. Likes:

swaisuc (11-12-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Most of them, read the article. Extremely intelligent mathematicians are creating and running algorithms to win millions. Anyone that signs up for those sites and plays anyone but other "fish" are sheep to the slaughter.
    Very few of the players are "bots". There are a few intelligent mathematicians, but most people are not very sophisticated. If everybody was running these algorithms, nobody would actually have an advantage, which is what you were alleging in your previous post.

Also, based on how the payout structure is set up in the large tournaments, like the Millionaire Maker, by necessity only a few people are going to make big money, and everybody knows that going in. For instance $7MM is entered in the Millionaire Maker across 400,000 entries. $2.2MM of that goes to the top 5 entries. So 30% of the money goes to 0.001% of players. When sites run tournaments with these types of payout structures, by necessity 1% of the people will win 90+% of the money.

If the sites ran all 50/50s and no tournaments, that huge disparity would not exist.

Turn Off Ads?