Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Any of you guys play DraftKings or Fanduel

Re: Any of you guys play DraftKings or Fanduel

No matter how you slice it it's the same as betting on the outcome of a game so it's gambling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

So 8 weeks into the NFL season and I've won money once, where I brought in 3.76 on a 3 dollar entry fee contest haha.

Been having a lot more luck in the NBA. Winning money about half the time there.

I still haven't tried it, though I'm ready to.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

playing a quarter CFB league, right now I'm winning 50 cents but I'm right on the border (~.2 points from getting bumped).
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Ronald Jones III FTW! 668. If only I get another TD Somewhere maybe get top 500! LOL.
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

I'm not liking a lot of the leagues because there's just so many games. I seem to do better when there's only 3-4 games rather than 6 or more.

William Arthur Ward

Same here. I really enjoyed the fantasy quarter leagues with only 4 MLB games at night.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonbel...se-operations/

In the biggest blow yet to the daily fantasy sports industry, New York State attorney general Eric Schneiderman has ruled that DraftKings and FanDuel are operating illegally under state law and must cease all operations immediately. While New York becomes the second state after Neveda to rule that daily fantasy is indeed gambling, the repercussions of the ruling will have a much greater impact on the multi-billion dollar industry.

You need to cash out.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

11. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-10-2015)

There's a lot of big money investors backing DK and FD. The NBA, NASCAR, the NFL (I think?), Disney, and whoever else. I don't think this is gonna go down like online poker did. But ultimately I don't even care if it's considered a game of skill or gambling, neither have any reason to be illegal.

Getting banned in a few states. Hope they win out since I've been making decent beer money working over double up NBA games.

Here's some good news. No daily fantasy commercials during the college football playoff games.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/no-daily-...0460--spt.html
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

I can admit when I'm wrong - I still don't think the sites are scams in the way I use the word, but they are set up in a way in which it's fairly pointless to play unless you're a quant:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/06/ma...kers.html?_r=1
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I can admit when I'm wrong - I still don't think the sites are scams in the way I use the word, but they are set up in a way in which it's fairly pointless to play unless you're a quant:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/06/ma...kers.html?_r=1
    Well I agree, it's hard to get started but if you have a positive attitude and don't really get frustrated about losing some money in the beginning, it's actually not that hard to make progress. I've been playing for more than a year now and I admit that the first few months were a bit hard. But, then again, there are these websites like fantasysportsdaily.com that post daily picking suggestions and strategy tips that you can incorporate into your lineups. I like this particular site because they present all the statistics that they use to justify their picks and overtime you start to see what numbers you should look for for any given position.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StevenFranklin View Post
    Well I agree, it's hard to get started but if you have a positive attitude and don't really get frustrated about losing some money in the beginning, it's actually not that hard to make progress. I've been playing for more than a year now and I admit that the first few months were a bit hard. But, then again, there are these websites like fantasysportsdaily.com that post daily picking suggestions and strategy tips that you can incorporate into your lineups. I like this particular site because they present all the statistics that they use to justify their picks and overtime you start to see what numbers you should look for for any given position.
    At the same time, if they are making that stuff publicly available, that means everyone else can see it too, making it less likely that you picking them is going to separate you from the pack and make you a winner (or at least a winner of some real coin - not just one of the guys who makes 10% on your $10 entry).

Turn Off Ads?