Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Annual Rock & Roll Hall of Fame snubs thread.

Re: Annual Rock & Roll Hall of Fame snubs thread.

Any Rock N Roll hall of fame that doesn't have the Cars in it is not a real Hall of Fame.

I just assumed they were already in. How are the freaking Cars not in the HoF?

ELO and The B-52's aren't in?

Wait. What?

That's mind boggling.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Jeffrey Lynn should be in with ELO, The Traveling Wilburys, and as a producer.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Jeffrey Lynn should be in with ELO, The Traveling Wilburys, and as a producer.
    As I've stated before, through his production, Lynne personally resurrected the careers of Dave Edmunds, George Harrison, Roy Orbison and Tom Petty.

No logical reason for excluding ELO and Lynne...NONE!
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    No logical reason for excluding ELO and Lynne...NONE!
    The people that comprise the nominating/selection committee are the same ones who felt the Monkees were the next Beatles. 'Nuff said (LOL).
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    I am seeing REO tonight in concert. I last saw them in 1987. Yes, they should be in for sure. Bad Company should be in or least in the near future.

So how was the concert?
    Last edited by Red in Chicago; 04-20-2016 at 07:36 PM. Reason: forgot to include quote

I could sit and listen to nothing but Thin Lizzy all night long, and not even think about putting on an album from another band. Just sayin'.

8. Likes:

M2 (04-21-2016),westofyou (04-20-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I could sit and listen to nothing but Thin Lizzy all night long, and not even think about putting on an album from another band. Just sayin'.
    Twin lead guitars always have my attention

Tonight there's gonna be a jailbreak
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Twin lead guitars always have my attention
    Which Thin Lizzy pretty much invented.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

And 70's bands like Nazareth (Hair of the Dog) and Golden Earring

I watched the R&R induction ceremony and wow was the music awful, I get its a celebration but the music was sloppy and borderline unlistenable particularly Cheap Trick.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

I thought they were the only ones who sounded decent. Pretty weak show overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Rock and Roll live is a game for the young. I prefer the old guys, but I'm always disappointed watching them live. I stick to the recordings when I can. These HOF things are Music's version of old-timers day. Nice to see them, but its not like watching them in their prime.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

16. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (05-11-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    I watched the R&R induction ceremony and wow was the music awful, I get its a celebration but the music was sloppy and borderline unlistenable particularly Cheap Trick.
    The ones I have listened to, the performances have been pretty bad. When Led Zeppelin was inducted they were awful. They're performance of Stairway To Heaven was disgusting.

Of course most of those bands hadn't performed together in years, probably little rehearsal, so one can't expect much.
    Last edited by GAC; 05-08-2016 at 05:46 AM.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    The ones I have listened to, the performances have been pretty bad. When Led Zeppelin was inducted they were awful. They're performance of Stairway To Heaven was disgusting.

Of course most of those bands hadn't performed together in years, probably little rehearsal, so one can't expect much.
    It takes months to rehearse. Some bands go out on tour with a few weeks, but they'll tell you it isn't good until they are a few weeks in.

19. Likes:

redsfanmia (05-11-2016)

Turn Off Ads?