Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Is UCLA next?

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Is UCLA next?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Is UCLA next?

It seems this story could be written about any program. Just change the names and schools and it'll be pretty much the same. One part stood out to me: Collier said that there were no dumb athletes. He said their big problem was that they were unprepared. Basically he's saying, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. These kids know what they are at that school for and it isn't to study. They do the bare minimum to keep eligible and the schools let them get away with it. I know their circumstances are unique. Most regular students don't have to get up at the crack of dawn and/or after classes for practice, film study, weightlifting, etc. They have to take road trips where they are not only expected to be prepared for the game but they are supposed to study as well. It's not easy for them but I think a lot of them could do more than just the bare minimum to keep eligible. It would be nice if coaches give more than lip service to the players' education but that's not really their job. They are not evaluated by graduation rates but by wins and losses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?