Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2015-2016 Dayton Flyers

Re: 2015-2016 Dayton Flyers

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    Yeah, when you're a seven-footer and your primary skill is charge taking, probably in your best interest to polish up the resume. The basketball career is almost over.
    Vandy is redshirting a 6'11" 4 star kid this season. I wonder if Stallings is second-guessing that move the last couple days.

And Henderson is going to graduate with an MBA from Owen in the spring. He could end up making more money long term than Damien Jones will in the NBA. I have no problem with his scholarship position, but it'd be great if he wasn't your best backup 5 man.
    Last edited by dabvu2498; 12-09-2015 at 11:27 PM.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Anyway, great W by your dudes. I'd have been rooting for UD against almost anyone else in the country.

Pollard and Smith are big time college players. The big freshman (McElvene?) is going to be a good one too. He took some nice steps tonight.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Yeah, when you're a seven-footer and your primary skill is charge taking, probably in your best interest to polish up the resume. The basketball career is almost over.
    At the very least, look at majoring in a foreign language, or three.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

It's unclear whether Pierre will play this season. Coach Archie Miller told the Dayton Daily News on Thursday that he will meet with Pierre when the suspension ends Dec. 20 to gauge his physical and mental status and ability to contribute this season. Miller said Pierre will play "if it's feasible" or sit out a year.
    http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...-dayton-flyers

I don't understand this quote. He's only missed a month of basketball. Why would he need to sit out the entire year?
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Pollard, 8-16 from the FT line tonight. Seriously, now.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Bump for being #25?

8. Likes:

BillDoran (01-04-2016),jimbo (01-04-2016)

Ouch. That's a painful loss. LaSalle is in no way a good team.

We looked less than inspired today. Scoochie played like somebody had just woke him up from his Saturday afternoon nap.

Tough road game at St. Bonnie's coming up. That's a place we won at last year, but historically haven't fared well.

I'm a Davidson grad and am getting used to the A10. St. Bon. really does seem to be a tough place to play.

Big win last night over a hot-shooting Duquesne team (well, maybe just a white hot Micah Mason).

Puts the Flyers at 20-3 on the season with seven top-50 RPI wins and loses to Xavier and a 22-3 Tennessee-Chattanooga. The LaSalle loss will go down as a bad one. Probably the toughest stretch of the conference schedule coming up with two away games against Rhode Island and St. Joe's.

Shaping up to end the regular season with 24 or 25 wins, which would be an unmitigated success.

13. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (02-10-2016)

Big win last night over a hot-shooting Duquesne team (well, maybe just a white hot Micah Mason).

Puts the Flyers at 20-3 on the season with seven top-50 RPI wins and loses to Xavier and a 22-3 Tennessee-Chattanooga. The LaSalle loss will go down as a bad one. Probably the toughest stretch of the conference schedule coming up with two away games against Rhode Island and St. Joe's.

Shaping up to end the regular season with 24 or 25 wins, which would be an unmitigated success.
    This team has been so much fun to watch. 20-3 at this point of the season is so damned excellent. Will be fun to watch them in the tourney once again.

In Archie I trust! (hopefully OSU doesn't fire Matta and back up the Brinks truck to Archie.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post

In Archie I trust! (hopefully OSU doesn't fire Matta and back up the Brinks truck to Archie.
    You better quit worrying about tOSU and hope my Hoosiers dont fire Crean!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

16. Likes:

jimbo (02-11-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    You better quit worrying about tOSU and hope my Hoosiers dont fire Crean!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
    I assure Dayton fans are on high alert for all potential Archie landing spots. Bloomington has been on orange alert for a year-plus now. Seems the type of place he might go to.

Archie's on the Sean Miller plan. Start at a good mid-major, establish yourself, then make one jump to a blue blood program. Indiana would certainly qualify for that last criteria, but the job also comes with crazy expectations. If Crean can finish out the year semi-strong, I don't think he's going anywhere. Glass knows that Crean's future is tied to his own.

18. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-12-2016)

#15!

Huuuge game on Wednesday. Let's get to top 10!

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    #15!

Huuuge game on Wednesday. Let's get to top 10!
    #13 in the coaches poll. Tough stretch of the schedule coming up starting with Wednesday's game? Archie has taken this program to new heights.

21. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (02-15-2016)

Turn Off Ads?