Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 69 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Bengals Part 2

2015 Bengals Part 2

While that may have been the ugliest game of the season, it sure was nice to watch.

I sat there wondering how many points the Bengals had left on the field. Blocked FG, INT in endzone, bad snaps taking them out of FG range, but they overcame all of that.

I also saw the first drive and though, I don't know if they are going to stop the Steelers all game long.

Sometimes Hue just needs to tone it down. Its like he has a garage full of cars but drives his Ferrari when there are 4 inches of snow on the ground instead of his 4WD vehicle. They just had gashed the Steelers up the middle to get to the 5 and then he throws the ball three straight times. One being a crowded out route that was picked off. I thought he did a poor job of adapting to the blitz that the Steelers kept bringing.

I don't like Mike Mitchell the football player. I wish I did because he is local guy, but he just screams head hunter. I loved the deep ball he picked off on 3rd and 25 that ended up being a 60+ yard change of field position. Smart move dude!

Heck of a job by the secondary after the 1st drive. Ben isn't right, but they did a bang up job.

Tez could make a huge difference going forward. He is the type of nasty linebacker that everybody hates but your team. Guy runs from sideline to sideline like no Bengals LB I can remember.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2015 Bengals Part 2

Burfict really was amazing. I honestly didn't know if he'd ever play again, and there he is after a couple of practices looking like himself.

The Bengals are a better team than Pittsburgh, which is weird. If they manage to play a clean game against them next time I think they win by 2 touchdowns.

The franchise has never won 13 games, would love to see that happen this year.

The bye hopes took a blow last night, I was really hoping GB would put a loss on Denver. The Denver defense is for real I guess. It would be very Cincinnati for the Bengals to win 13 games and not get a bye.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

4. Likes:

RiverRat13 (11-02-2015)

If they beat Denver they deserve the bye. If not then they have nothing to complain about. I understand what you're saying though...It'd be just our luck that we beat Denver, go 13-3 and not get a bye

Does anyone listen/watch the Inside the Jungle show on Cincyjungle?

I just stumbled upon it this season, and I actually called the show because I was so stoked. Forty one years old, and I call a radio show about football.

What is this team doing to me? I feel dirty.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

7. Likes:

Hoosier Red (11-04-2015),Redsfaithful (11-02-2015),WrongVerb (11-02-2015)

This is basically training camp for Burfict.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    This is basically training camp for Burfict.
    How did he grade on PFF? I only get the free stuff, and always am curious as the guys who don't grade out good or poor.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    If they beat Denver they deserve the bye. If not then they have nothing to complain about. I understand what you're saying though...It'd be just our luck that we beat Denver, go 13-3 and not get a bye
    That could happen. Didnt the Titans go 13-3 one year and were a wild card?

The Arizona game on Nov 22nd has been flexed to SNF.

So we get three straight primetime games. TNF, MNF and then SNF.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    The Arizona game on Nov 22nd has been flexed to SNF.

So we get three straight primetime games. TNF, MNF and then SNF.
    I didn't realize they flexed Nov games. That seems early

I'm guessing the scheduled SNF game with San Francisco will get bumped back to a 4:00 kick. NBC will not want SF in primetime.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I didn't realize they flexed Nov games. That seems early
    They actually changed it last year. They can flex as early as week 5 now. This is the first time it has been used this year.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30 View Post
    I'm guessing the scheduled SNF game with San Francisco will get bumped back to a 4:00 kick. NBC will not want SF in primetime.
    I hope so. Planning on going to the game and don't want to have to drive back from Santa Clara after midnight.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Wow the Broncos got Vernon Davis from the 9ers. Our competition in the AFC just got better.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Wow the Broncos got Vernon Davis from the 9ers. Our competition in the AFC just got better.
    Are we sure Vernon Davis is good still? I guess we are about to find out, but I don't think as much of his decline has been due to the QB and the offense as he would like you to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    How did he grade on PFF? I only get the free stuff, and always am curious as the guys who don't grade out good or poor.
    They won't offer that information any more at any price to anyone except NFL teams. Unless someone does an article who works for them and happens to mention it, it's unavailable.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Turn Off Ads?