Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 4K/Ultra HD TV and content

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

4K/Ultra HD TV and content

So, I've been holding off on getting a 4K TV for a while now. Waiting for prices to drop and for me to actually have the money. An outstanding payment was finally received and it gave me a reason to start looking at them and earlier today found one for the right price in an "early Black Friday" sale and pounced on it. I went ahead and downloaded some 4K videos from youtube and, as expected, the picture was incredible. I don't have cable that offers anything in 4K. So, for right now, I'm stuck with what's available on Youtube, Netflix (once I upgrade to the $11.99 a month plan - probably tonight) and Amazon Prime when it comes to 4K content. For those of you out there with a 4K TV, is there somewhere else that I could/should be looking for content? This tv is a "smart tv", but it's options are limited. It's got the heavy hitters, but that's about it. I'm thinking, maybe, of getting a Roku 4 in the near future depending on how well these smart apps work on the TV since it can offer 4K content, where available.

My laptop also can output 4K without any problems, so I'm using the tv as a monitor at times as well. So, internet options for 4K content work fine as well.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 4K/Ultra HD TV and content

I always thought there would never be much a of a need for a 4K set, and then I heard they have upconverters built in to them to convert HD into 4K. The bastages may suck me in again at some point.....
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: 4K/Ultra HD TV and content

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    I always thought there would never be much a of a need for a 4K set, and then I heard they have upconverters built in to them to convert HD into 4K. The bastages may suck me in again at some point.....
    It's still early on the 4K stuff, but between Amazon, all new Netflix shows/original movies (and a growing list of past movies) and Youtube - there's a bit more 4K content than there was even when I made this thread. I still wish there was more - but Netflix is crushing it with the new content.

I can't speak for the upscaling as I'm sure that quality varies from TV to TV.

Turn Off Ads?