Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ohio State Football 2015 [continued]

Re: Ohio State Football 2015 [continued]

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    To be fair it is a struggle for any QB to stay healthy for 16 games, but scrambling QBs certainly have to be smart about when to get hit.
    NFL is a tough game, no question about it but your chances of staying upright are much better if you stay in the pocket. That's one of the reasons Dalton has been so healthy but Ben is always getting hurt

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

These guys start classes today:
    Five-star DE Jonathon Cooper
    Four-star WR Austin Mack
    Four-star OT Michael Jordan
    Four-star OG Tyler Gerald
    Four-star RB Antonio Williams
    Four-star DT Malik Barrow
    Four-star LB Tuf Borland

Quote Originally Posted by gonelong View Post
    These guys start classes today:
    Five-star DE Jonathon Cooper
    Four-star WR Austin Mack
    Four-star OT Michael Jordan
    Four-star OG Tyler Gerald
    Four-star RB Antonio Williams
    Four-star DT Malik Barrow
    Four-star LB Tuf Borland
    Impressive!

I'm pretty excited about Austin Mack. Sounds like he was one of the most impressive players at the Army All American practices and we need a play maker at WR with Thomas leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    The jury's still out on Mariota being a good pro QB. The issue for these guys is can they stay healthy? Wilson is an exception due to his intellect but I'm of the belief that these scrambling QBs can't stay healthy unless they've got size like Newton (Kaepernick). The smaller guys like Vick, RG3 and Mariota will tend to spend a lot of time on the sidelines nursing injuries
    Newton also has a cannon for an arm.

7. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-12-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Where does everyone think 'Zeke will go in the draft?

Man I'd love to see the Browns get him. We need that style of back in our offense (just one more needed piece)... but I'd hate to put that kinda "curse" on any young player (LOL)
    I don't think Zeke last until the 32nd pick. I think Houston will take him at 22. No way should the Browns select him at #2, especially with a more analytical approach.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    IMO Newton is so good because he is a big solid QB who is difficult to tackle. I don't think he is exactly a great skilled passer, but he creates match up problems when he has the ball. My concern as a Panthers fan would be that in order to be successful in the Panthers offense, Newton will take a ton of punishment. Right now I see him as a more agile Big Ben, as he grows older the hits will begin to take their toll.

A lot of those guys do. But you need good size to stay healthy if you're a running QB in the NFL

I'm pretty excited about Austin Mack. Sounds like he was one of the most impressive players at the Army All American practices and we need a play maker at WR with Thomas leaving.
    I think I am most excited about the Defensive line. We were able to get a sneak peak in the ND game and those guys performed pretty well. Now we add Jashon Cornell and Dre'Mont Jones as redshirt freshman as well as already on campus freshman Malik Barrow and Jonathon Cooper.

They are building a Defensive line that will be able to rotate a huge number of guys without a clear change in talent. Given the losses we have in the secondary, it's good to know we will have a defensive line that will get pressure. I probably shouldn't fret about the CB and S as tOSU has turned out NFL talent at those positions consistently, but we will be pretty inexperienced there outside of Conley.

GL

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

I don't think Zeke last until the 32nd pick. I think Houston will take him at 22. No way should the Browns select him at #2, especially with a more analytical approach.
    I see that a few of the mock drafts that I have looked at, have him going to Houston. But geez, they need a QB in the worst way.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I see that a few of the mock drafts that I have looked at, have him going to Houston. But geez, they need a QB in the worst way.
    I don't think this considered a very strong QB draft.

It's always hard to say with a RB, but there is no way Zeke makes it past the first few picks of the second round.

It's always hard to say with a RB, but there is no way Zeke makes it past the first few picks of the second round.
    No it is not as far as QB's are concerned, but teams that need them tend to take them no matter what. To be honest, based on the Colts draft history, I could see them taking Zeke at #18 even though they got bigger concerns. But I am like you, I think he will get taken early.

If he's available at 32 the Browns will take him, but he won't be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    A lot of those guys do. But you need good size to stay healthy if you're a running QB in the NFL
    Newton runs, but I don't consider him a "running qb."

2015:
    3840 passing yards
    35 passing TDs
    60% completion percentage
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 01-14-2016 at 10:17 AM.

Mel Kiper's 1st mock came out..........he has Zeke going to the Broncos. FWIW, he has Bosa as the first pick.

Greg Studrawa has a long standing relationship with Urb back to his BGSU days. He already has good recruiting ties in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Maryland and West Virginia so that is a plus. Studrawa has been at the helm of some pretty good offenses and has experience as both a OL coach and offensive coordinator, so I like the hire.

As a bonus (and likely a factor in the hire), this would appear to put Warriner in the booth during games.

Meyer has been churning out Coordinators to Head Coaches. Have to wonder if Schiano and Studrawa see this job as a way to land a solid D1 head coach position ... or if they see this as a place to camp out as a coordinator for awhile.

GL

Turn Off Ads?