Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Force Awakens -- discussion with spoilers

The Force Awakens -- discussion with spoilers

I don't see it until tomorrow, but I thought it might be useful for those of you who have already seen it to have a separate place to vent and express yourselves fully. Go for it. I'll join in in a few days.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Re: The Force Awakens -- discussion with spoilers

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm more into the newcomers. Rey rocked.

4. Likes:

Caveat Emperor (12-27-2015),cincinnati chili (12-19-2015),KittyDuran (12-27-2015),Puffy (12-26-2015),Razor Shines (12-18-2015),reds1869 (12-23-2015),Redsfaithful (12-22-2015),redsfandan (12-26-2015),RFS62 (12-29-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm more into the newcomers. Rey rocked.
    Completely agree. I though Ridley, Boyega, Isaac, and Driver all did fantastic jobs.

My only minor gripe from the movie is that I would have preferred a little more technical dialogue when discussing plans.

When they said "big gun" and then someone said "it's another Death Star!" And they showed the comparison it kind of took me out of the moment.

Other than that, thought the movie was great.

6. Likes:

Dom Heffner (12-18-2015),Razor Shines (12-18-2015)

I enjoyed the chemistry between Finn and Rey. That scene where they learn each other's name is pure Disney and it worked. Kylo Ren is my new Stars Wars character.

I wanted more Knights of Ren and Sith info and I thought it was brilliant to allow Kylo to have an intense feeling of inferiority throughout the movie . Disspointed in what we got from Snook.

Biggest problem was Carrie Fishers acting and how Rey and Finn took on a Sith apprentice with no training. The biggest theme in the previous movies is that you need training yet Rey is doing mind control and is more in tune with the force then the villain of the movie.

I think a lot of my problems with the movie are Disney planned subplots that will be mapped out in the next two movies.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    Biggest problem was Carrie Fishers acting and how Rey and Finn took on a Sith apprentice with no training. The biggest theme in the previous movies is that you need training yet Rey is doing mind control and is more in tune with the force then the villain of the movie.

I think a lot of my problems with the movie are Disney planned subplots that will be mapped out in the next two movies.
    I got the impression from Kylo Ren that is not trained very well. He was clearly very undisciplined, this was apparent by his outbursts and sketchy lightsaber which was poor quality.

I think Rey is very strong in the force. Luke used the force to destroy the first death star with very little training.

9. Likes:

Caveat Emperor (12-20-2015),marcshoe (12-26-2015),Razor Shines (12-18-2015)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I've only seen bits and pieces of any Star Wars movie, and never really watched a single one of them for more than 10 minutes.

But, I'm guessing my theory that a new death star being built and succeeding at destroying the universe isn't accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I've only seen bits and pieces of any Star Wars movie, and never really watched a single one of them for more than 10 minutes.

But, I'm guessing my theory that a new death star being built and succeeding at destroying the universe isn't accurate?
    There is a new device that draws energy from a local star into a planet sized weapon which does succeed in destroyed multiple key planets of the Republic, including the capital, Coruscant.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I got the impression from Kylo Ren that is not trained very well. He was clearly very undisciplined, this was apparent by his outbursts and sketchy lightsaber which was poor quality.

I think Rey is very strong in the force. Luke used the force to destroy the first death star with very little training.
    Yes, with about four hours of training on the Falcon.

I am betting that Rey was present when Kylo attacked the young jedi in training and somehow was saved by Luke while having her memory suppressed. I am perfectly fine with her being trained and not remembering it. Now tell me how Finn knows.

Questions:

What turned R2 D2 on at the end of the movie?

Who gave the map to Poe at the start of the movie and how does he know Kylo Ren ?

I also like all the easter eggs with names:

Luke Skywalker and Han Solo: Kylo

Read that was the first thing Disney did while writing movie.
    Last edited by 19braves77; 12-18-2015 at 11:17 AM.

Yes, with about four hours of training on the Falcon.

I am betting that Rey was present when Kylo attacked the young jedi in training and somehow was saved by Luke while having her memory suppressed. I am perfectly fine with her being trained and not remembering it. Now tell me how Finn knows.

Questions:

What turned R2 D2 on at the end of the movie?

Who gave the map to Poe at the start of the movie and how does he know Kylo Ren ?

I also like all the easter eggs with names:

Luke Skywalker and Han Solo: Kylo

Read that was the first thing Disney did while writing movie.
    I don't think Finn has force powers at all. I think he simply picked up the lightsaber and used it as a blunt weapon. He was defeated by a stormtrooper in saber to electrical weapon combat and didn't last long at all in the fight against Kylo. I honestly think those scenes were put in to confuse the public to think Finn is the new Luke Skywalker, when in reality it is Rey.

I think Luke turned R2D2 on because he felt Rey's force awakening and knew it was time to train her.

Max Von Sydow gave the map to Poe at the beginning

I think Poe knew of Kyle Ren because he is one of the leading members of the Resistance

* Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

15. Likes:

Dom Heffner (12-18-2015)

[QUOTE=RedTeamGo!;3397537]I don't think Finn has force powers at all. I think he simply picked up the lightsaber and used it as a blunt weapon. He was defeated by a stormtrooper in saber to electrical weapon combat and didn't last long at all in the fight against Kylo. I honestly think those scenes were put in to confuse the public to think Finn is the new Luke Skywalker, when in reality it is Rey.

but who is Max Von Sydow ?

but who is Max Von Sydow ?
    Lor San Tekka, in the scroll at the beginning it states he is an old friend of Leia.

I hope they DON'T try and spend the next 2 movies coming up with a way Kylo can be redeemed, screw that, I want his emo self fed to rabid Wampas.
    Last edited by KronoRed; 12-18-2015 at 02:10 PM.
    Go Gators!

20. Likes:

Caveat Emperor (12-20-2015),Dom Heffner (12-18-2015),KittyDuran (12-27-2015),marcshoe (12-26-2015),Raisor (12-18-2015)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Went to lunch with a buddy of mine, who went and saw the movie last night. He loved it, but was very disappointed in how things played out after he left the theater. Apparently people were raving about big spoilers as they walked through the halls, right past people in line to watch the movie, who literally shouted at the people discussing what had just happened. I never really thought about something like that, but yeah, that has to really suck. Anyone else experience anything like that?

Turn Off Ads?