Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: The Force Awakens -- discussion with spoilers

Re: The Force Awakens -- discussion with spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I think the movie needed more of Poe Dameron's character. I liked Finn and Rey, but Poe had the kind of "swagger" to his character that the series was devoid of in the prequels. That was Han's role in the original trilogy.
    I agree, he was very good, very believable too. I hope to see him in the follow ups as well as the rumored X-wing film.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    Yes, with about four hours of training on the Falcon.

I am betting that Rey was present when Kylo attacked the young jedi in training and somehow was saved by Luke while having her memory suppressed. I am perfectly fine with her being trained and not remembering it. Now tell me how Finn knows.

Questions:

What turned R2 D2 on at the end of the movie?

Who gave the map to Poe at the start of the movie and how does he know Kylo Ren ?

I also like all the easter eggs with names:

Luke Skywalker and Han Solo: Kylo

Read that was the first thing Disney did while writing movie.
    I think Rey is Skywalker's daughter. That's why R2D2 turned on at the end.
    It's interesting to me that as far as I can tell, Leia never revealed her true ancestry outside of Han(obviously). Also, I think it's strange that C-3PO stumbles over himself trying to call her Princess Leia before correctly calling her General Organa.
    Last edited by Hoosier Red; 12-19-2015 at 09:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I think there was only one thing that bugged me. When everyone returned to the base at the end, Leia went and hugged Ray and completely ignored poor Chewie.
    It's funny. I watched the original trilogy in the last few days, and when the rescue mission escapes(Han and Luke shooting the tie fighters) Leia and Chewie share a somewhat awkward hug in exultation. I said to my wife, "Ya know, that looks weird, I don't think Chewie would hug." But I was 100% wrong. Chewie's a hugger. So yeah I was kinda sad for him there too.
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I figured that the only way Ford would've signed onto another Star Wars movie is if he was promised his character was being killed off. I'm fairly certain he was advocating for that back in the 80s too.

Even still, I was still convinced Chewbacca would be the one biting it right up until Han stepped onto the bridge. It was a gut punch to see him get run through by his own kid like that. I think it may have stung a little bit more because I'd just watched Return of the Jedi the night before and was kinda struck by just how much of an almost fairy-tale like "Happily Ever After" ending it has. To transition from that to where we find everyone in E7 is kinda jarring, and then to have it completely shattered by Han being killed like that makes it an almost complete 180.
    From my geek reading the last few days, apparently that's why Han was frozen in Empire. Ford had threatened to not come back for a third movie. I hadn't read that necessarily wanted to be killed but after ROTJ was released, he said he thought it would have been a more fitting end and the only reason he wasn't killed was because Lucas wanted to sell more action figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    I agree, he was very good, very believable too. I hope to see him in the follow ups as well as the rumored X-wing film.
    "Rogue One" is not an x-wing movie, it's a movie about the spies that steal the plans to the first Death Star.

The other standalone movies are about a young Han Solo and Boba Fett.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    "Rogue One" is not an x-wing movie, it's a movie about the spies that steal the plans to the first Death Star.

The other standalone movies are about a young Han Solo and Boba Fett.
    And I pride myself on being the biggest Star Wars guy I know. Thanks for the update.

8. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (12-20-2015)

If Rey is Luke's daughter, why was she abandoned? what was the plan behind that?
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    If Rey is Luke's daughter, why was she abandoned? what was the plan behind that?
    I've pondered that myself. The only part I've come up with could be that Luke doesn't know.

I don't think she is Luke's daughter. I think she is simply strong in the force, or perhaps a descendent of Emperor Palpatine.

Just a gut feeling.

12. Likes:

RedEye (12-20-2015)

The Force Awakens -- discussion with spoilers

I don't think she is Luke's daughter. I think she is simply strong in the force, or perhaps a descendent of Emperor Palpatine.

Just a gut feeling.
    Search your feelings, RTG. By all means.

Just saw the film, finally. Loved the new characters though I was a little confused by Snook (sp?) Had a really hard time dealing with Solo's death, both because I adored him as a child and because we went so fast from finding out he had a son to watching that son kill him.

Kylo was at once the most fascinating and strange part of the film -- I found myself both snickering at his saber outbursts (we were supposed to, right?) and wondering whether we were really supposed to root for him to be good (I couldn't really; he wasn't likable enough).

Anyway, the tone and style of the film were spot on. As I believe I mentioned in another thread, those were the aspects of the prequels that were lacking more than plot for me, so I left the theater very fulfilled.
    Last edited by RedEye; 12-20-2015 at 08:48 AM.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

I predict that when we finally see Supreme Leader Snooki in person he'll be like 12 inches tall. I definitely sense short-guy syndrome. Maybe he's Yoda's rogue nephew
    Stick to your guns.

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    I predict that when we finally see Supreme Leader Snooki in person he'll be like 12 inches tall. I definitely sense short-guy syndrome. Maybe he's Yoda's rogue nephew
    Snooki?
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Snoke

Just a gut feeling.
    Anakin/Luke's lightsaber thinks they are related. Leia acted like she and Rey were related.

Who found Luke's Skywalker's light saber from Cloud City from ESB and gave it to Maz?
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Turn Off Ads?