Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 72 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Bengals Season Part 3

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Re: 2015 Bengals Season Part 3

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Of course, and when I said "Can a fan take an honest look at his team?" I would think you could get that I was talking about myself...
    To be honest with you, if you are indeed a "Striper" fan, I would be doing cart wheels with the season that Cincy has had thus far if I was a Bengal fan. I am not, but what they are doing brings a smile to my face. Geez, everytime you post something you are a "negative Nancy". I dont get that. No matter what you say, I still wont get that.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Right, the Patriots are trying to avoid a mediocre football team lol...
    I think they'd rather the Jets be in than the Steelers. Nothing more than that. And I think saying the Steelers are probably better than the Jets is fair.

Dom, you built the Steelers into something they are not, that's been my only point. A lot of what you are saying is fair, but some of it just isn't reality. The Bengals beat the Steelers on the road. Pittsburgh probably won't make the playoffs at all. Every time the Bengals face a deficit in a game you declare it over (most memorably vs. Seattle I think.) No matter how well they do you fall back on the playoff record.

And yeah the playoff record sucks. It's awful. But there's nothing the 2015 Bengals can do about the playoff record until a couple of weeks from now, so I don't get the fixation. In the meantime, they've had a great year.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I build the Steelers into something they are not but the Patriots purposefully gave up home field advantage throughout the playoffs to avoid the Steelers.

Right. It's me.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

I build the Steelers into something they are not but the Patriots purposefully gave up home field advantage throughout the playoffs to avoid the Steelers.

Right. It's me.
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH (deep breath) AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

Love ya, man, but...wow!
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

*Interesting* National Anthem...

What kind of band name is Nathaniel Rateliff and The Night Sweats??
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    *Interesting* National Anthem...

What kind of band name is Nathaniel Rateliff and The Night Sweats??
    Better than The Nocturnal Releases.

It sounds like when you hear a phrase and go "that's my future band name" and someone took it way too seriously.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

8. Likes:

The Operator (12-28-2015)

Man what a perfect start

Wow. This first drive was a thing of beauty! McCarron looks locked in and confident.

That was as impressively methodical as a team could have on a first drive on the road against a great defense. Perfect.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

My goodness.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Wow. This first drive was a thing of beauty! McCarron looks locked in in and confident.
    The most impressive thing is that he was throwing against some pretty tight coverage and making perfect throws where only his receivers could make plays. Two or three of those throws were easy interceptions if he even slightly underthrows his target.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

I will say this about the other AJ, kid has no fear and commands the huddle really well. Great first drive and nice calls by Hue.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Perfect.

Now I hope the defense takes this young Denver offensive line's lunch money.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    The most impressive thing is that he was throwing against some pretty tight coverage and making perfect throws where only his receivers could make plays. Two or three of those throws were easy interceptions if he even slightly underthrows his target.
    I thought the same thing. He was laser accurate with his throws.

I know it was only the first drive but he sure didn't look like a guy with only 2 games and 1 start under his belt.

18. Likes:

Brutus (12-28-2015),pedro (12-28-2015)

Turn Off Ads?