Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hey, 2015!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Hey, 2015!

2015 was a good year for me. Sure, there were a few things I would have preferred to be different, but overall, it was not a bad year at all. First one in a while that I felt good about.

I hope the rest of you can say the same thing about 2016 that I got to say about 2015. Just keep pushing forward.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

3/4 of 2016 has been spent with food poisoning, so as far as I'm concerned it can shove off.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire123 View Post
    Well so far, 2016 hasn't shown me much.... Transmission issues with my car. Ok, granted those actually started christmas eve 2015, but, it's ongoing since the car isn't fixed yet....

Then today hubby and I went out shopping, pulled up at a red light behind a guy in a camaro. There were some protesters in front of Petland protesting puppy mills with a "Honk if you support us" sign. Hubby bipped the horn for them, Camaro guy got offended and started yelling at us, his kid was flipping us off, then he swerved out of his turn lane in front of us, nearling hitting the front end of our car and still screaming and yelling... Hubby tried to tell him he wasn't honking at him but all he wanted to do was fight.

I'm already ready to trade in 2016 and become a hermit. I hate people.
    So what says "Compensating for other inadequacies" the loudest?
    a) Camaro
    b) Charger
    c) Huge Pickup truck (for an accountant)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    2015 was a good year for me. Sure, there were a few things I would have preferred to be different, but overall, it was not a bad year at all. First one in a while that I felt good about.

I hope the rest of you can say the same thing about 2016 that I got to say about 2015. Just keep pushing forward.
    Aren't you just a little ray of sunshine?

For me 2015 was a monstrosity of suckitude.
    I turned fifty, my body has joined the other team, both my kids became teenagers, my workplace reorganized and now everyone there has a decidedly WTF approach to jobs they once committed to with their whole professional selves. On top of that, the Reds plan to "win now" overturned like a rented canoe on the Gauley River. In fairness, the Reds demise was not 2015's fault, but rather belonged more to its predecessors. But you know how it goes, it's the messenger we like to kill.

So, here's to you 2016, may you see nothing but fastballs right down the pipe.
    Or you can go suck it, too.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

I almost feel bad posting in this. My 2015 was the best year of my life. I moved to the Bay Area in California. Incidental to the move but much better was meeting the woman of my dreams and settling in to make a life with her. I also got to keep my job and telework full time to the office back east. It's just phenomenal how this all turned out. And 2016 looks to be even better.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

7. Likes:

marcshoe (01-05-2016),Redsfaithful (01-05-2016),Sea Ray (01-05-2016)

Dean Smith died in 2015. 2015 can eat a D in my book.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

9. Likes:

SunDeck (01-06-2016)

Turn Off Ads?