Turn Off Ads?
Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17576364656667
Results 991 to 1,002 of 1002

Thread: Cincinnati Bengals-Pittsburgh Steelers 2016 Playoff Thread

Re: Cincinnati Bengals-Pittsburgh Steelers 2016 Playoff Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Tell NBC that. Tell the NFL that. They market him with children.

It gets old, dude. Guy's an ass, and he comes from the organization that produces them more than Hershey makes chocolate.
    You're really arguing that a tv network gives a rip about who wins that playoff game?
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Cincinnati Bengals: "Bring the dirty? Then we'll bring the dirty dirty."

Fine with me, until the NFL decides to remove the halo from the Steeler uniforms.

You can't even count on two hands how many dirty play w/ no call the Steelers have leveled upon the Bengals through the years. It either ends this season, or payback is a mother...
    Thank you. And thank you to Dom.

Here's my order of preference:

1. Clean games vs. the Steelers. Not going to happen, because the Steelers are dirty and have problems against almost every team they play. The idiotic posting by "impartial" fans in this thread if I'm being charitable, is because they have no idea the history here.

2. Vontaze Burfict out there killing guys.

3. The Steelers being the Steelers and the Bengals just taking it, which is what has happened for the last 10 years.

We aren't going to get #1 folks. Those of you who are fans of other teams and don't watch AFC North football all year don't get it. Ask GAC or any Browns fan, I bet they would tell you.

The Bengals have a hot rivalry with the Ravens, and yet you don't see this crap against them.

But you do when the Steelers play the Ravens. There's a common denominator here.

Could you imagine if the Bengals had a QB that had raped two women what the media narrative would be? God, it gets so old. I honestly hope the Bengals just headhunt against the Steelers next year constantly. They would have to do it for years before they would come close to making it even.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

4. Likes:

Redhook (01-11-2016),RiverRat13 (01-11-2016),WMR (01-11-2016),Wonderful Monds (01-12-2016)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I'm honestly amazed people cannot separate the two plays, in one the player had the ball and turned towards the defender. In the other the player did not have the ball, was mid-air, completely defenseless and did not turn toward the defender.
    Yes, and the runner with the ball was hit with the crown of the defender's helmet while the defenseless receiver was hit in the head with shoulder/arm. Neither should have happened. Both deserved flags.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Actually, Dom, all I can see is that this post doesn't make much sense.
    You may have reading comprehension issues then. Because it seems crystal clear to me.

No more paper tiger. No more "overcoming" the Steeler bias and no-calls.

Either call a fair game, or there are going to be a lot of concussion protocols and suspensions until they do. Fine with me.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

You're really arguing that a tv network gives a rip about who wins that playoff game?
    You're arguing that a TV network *doesn't* have an interest in selling a narrative? I suppose you must think Fox News really is fair and balanced then, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

8. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (01-11-2016)

And before that, it was "they choke in prime time." And before that, "they are paper tigers." And before that? Thugs again, I think. But no matter how many cheap shots come from the Steelers, it's never dirty with them. "Hard-nosed smash mouth football, I tell ya."

It's garbage, and I'll take a whole defense full of Burficts and Jones's until the double standard is no longer perpetuated from the top of the NFL on down.
    Or the Bengals could be just a little more introspective about the thing and ask themselves, "since this thing clearly hasn't worked for like 25 years, what could we do differently than what we're doing that might result in winning a playoff game or two?"
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

What baseball teams do ESPN show disproportionately? Why do you suppose they do this?

Answer your own question.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    You're arguing that a TV network *doesn't* have an interest in selling a narrative? I suppose you must think Fox News really is fair and balanced then, right?
    I'm arguing that the fix was not in and any network covering the game would've had the same narrative. It was the easy, obvious one.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I know, Jojo.

You want to make this about being a sore loser.

A sore loser is when you lose fair and square and you complain.

A sore loser is not when the refs call it one way for one team but not the other.

What you are arguing is sort of like saying that I should pay for a booger on my plate at a restaurant because I should have chosen a different restaurant. Or that these things happen.

We understand the tired story of overcoming referee mistakes. It's a fun thing to say to someone when you don't have the words for anything else. We get it. You don't have an argument. So you can just say "Rise above!"

We'll remember this when you point out unfairness somewhere else. We'll tell you to follow the model of the Pittsburgh Steelers, which is to just pull yourself up by your boot straps and get over it.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

And before that, it was "they choke in prime time." And before that, "they are paper tigers." And before that? Thugs again, I think. But no matter how many cheap shots come from the Steelers, it's never dirty with them. "Hard-nosed smash mouth football, I tell ya."

It's garbage, and I'll take a whole defense full of Burficts and Jones's until the double standard is no longer perpetuated from the top of the NFL on down.
    From the outside looking in on this. In years past the Steelers have had a rep as being dirty with James Harrison, and to a lesser extent Hines Ward. Although Ward wasn't necessarily thought of as dirty, but pushing the boundaries of clean/dirty.
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

And this thread has reached 1000. Good work!
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

15. Likes:

dubc47834 (01-11-2016),RedTeamGo! (01-11-2016)

Or the Bengals could be just a little more introspective about the thing and ask themselves, "since this thing clearly hasn't worked for like 25 years, what could we do differently than what we're doing that might result in winning a playoff game or two?"
    Actually they *are* doing something different.

For the last decade they let The Steelers cuckold them every season. This year? Not so much. They didn't win but at least The Steelers are limping into Denver.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

17. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (01-11-2016),Bob Sheed (01-11-2016)

Turn Off Ads?