Turn Off Ads?
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 293536373839

Thread: Bengals-Steelers 2016 Playoff Thread Part 2

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Re: Bengals-Steelers 2016 Playoff Thread Part 2

Holy cow...aaron rodgers does it again
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Anyone remember the last time someone needed a cart for a shoulder injury?
    Probably happens more than we realize, just not with as much fanfare. The main goal with a potentially damaged or separated shoulder is to keep it immobile. Walking is one of the worst things to do if it's not properly braced yet.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    So are you saying CBS is a Bengals fan site?

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...-wasnt-a-catch
    It's a sensationalist headline, "NFL VP of officiating: Wild Martavis Bryant TD vs. Bengals wasn't a catch". What Blandino said was actually a lot more non-committal and was followed later by an acknowledgment that it was actually the correct call.

That doesn't translate to your "NFL is now saying that the Bryant TD should not have counted."
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Although I guess Burfict enforced some repercussions this time.
    Yes, Burfict "enforced" the Bengals all the way to a nigh-unbelievable loss. Like I said, Pyrric victory champions of the world...
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    I've read this post a couple of times and I'm really not sure about the level of disrespect you're trying to convey. Exactly, what do you mean by the first half of your post?

The second half I agree with. Mike Brown is a piece of garbage, oddly enough, very similar to you.

It's mind-boggling to me how someone with nearly 20k posts and 10 years on Redszone could be this disrespectful to the city and the members where Redszone started.
    I get you are fine with the bengals. But stop the vile personal attacks.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Well, it's at least nice to see that jojo doesn't limit his troll output to Ohio State threads only.

Glad to see you expanding your horizons, buddy.
    Total
    Shenanigans!
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Holy cow...aaron rodgers does it again
    Hey, Carson Palmer won a playoff game. Congrats to Carson. Glad he finally gets to know the feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I get you are fine with the bengals. But stop the vile personal attacks.
    I'm not fine with this statement, "I think the city of Cincinnati has gotten the exact football organization that it deserves". Still, what exactly did you mean by that? We deserve to suffer these crushing defeats? 2 thugs on the team means everyone in the city is a thug? Bengalia resides in every household? Your statement can be taken a lot of different ways, yet I can't come up with one that isn't disrespectful.

The fans of the Cincinnati have arguably been the unluckiest fans in any city in the country over the past 25 years. Year after year, crazy awful things happen to the sports teams. We support our teams, cheer for them, invest our time and money and yet we never get to experience the joy that should occasionally come out of it. It's always devastating. For you to say the city deserves (to suffer) it is really disrespectful in my opinion. You're kicking the city and fans while we're already down.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Well, it's at least nice to see that jojo doesn't limit his troll output to Ohio State threads only.

Glad to see you expanding your horizons, buddy.
    I think a lot of people would disagree with the characterization that it's been limited to Ohio State threads only. This has been standard operating procedure for a while now on a lot of topics. That said, he's working extra hard in this thread.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

11. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (01-18-2016),jimbo (01-17-2016)

Jojo will not be posting in this thread any longer (or any continuations of it). Let's get the discussion back on track, please.

13. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (01-18-2016),Brutus (01-17-2016),jimbo (01-17-2016),Redhook (01-17-2016),Redsfaithful (01-17-2016),TeamSelig (01-17-2016),The Operator (01-18-2016),traderumor (01-17-2016),westofyou (01-17-2016),wolfboy (01-18-2016)

Some things that strike me out of all this:

Narratives: These are flim flam times, and truth is not what matters, it is what you want people to believe the truth to be with your "narrative." I've said in many debates that "saying the same thing over and over again does not make it any more true." In this context, the NFL starts talking about "angles," Bengals fans antagonists go to "Bungles" and "those thugs" routines, and Bengals fans are just losers in a loser city. But who cares about your "narrative," what are the facts? What are the rules? What really happened out there? Is it possible that the NFL would go to great lengths for playoff ratings? Has this league been so full of integrity at all levels that it is beyond the pale of orthodoxy to consider that they may have worked toward a desired outcome in one of their contests?

Whining: If the outcome of a game is significantly affected by officiating, just suck it up, you bunch of ninnies, and quit your whining. You lost because of a FUMBLE (echo) (echo). Anything that happened before that is moot because you would have won if not for that FUMBLE. Really? The Steelers get the ball back down 4 with time on the clock. They would have scored, with as much help as they needed to do so. The CEO lacks integrity, many of the owners of the franchises lack integrity, the coaches lack integrity, the players lack integrity, but the officials, they just have a tough job, an impossible job. But it certainly could not possibly be that they lack integrity and had a bias toward one team that affected their calls. Just not possible. IT WAS THE FUMBLE STUPID!!!!
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Turn Off Ads?