Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Jeopardy test tonight

Jeopardy test tonight

Anyone taking it? I'm not eligible because I auditioned in July, but I'm going to try to look at the questions somehow. I was going to kind of audit the test, but I have class tonight and won't be home.

I keep hoping they call me. I've seen two people from my audition group on the show.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

2. Likes:

JaxRed (01-28-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jeopardy test tonight

I'm going to take it on Thursday but i'm honestly frustrated. I've been taking the online test now since it began and I'm always over 40 right and even after a decade I can't get a call. I just want a damn audition already.
    Last edited by Spazzrico; 01-26-2016 at 11:47 AM.

Thanks for posting this. I just signed up for fun and will try to take the test tonight. Let's see what happens

I thought I only got 41 or 42 right on the online test last year, which is fewer than I have in years, but I was still invited to the auditions. I'm fairly sure I got 45 on the in-person test, and they implied that was what mattered the most (something different from my other audition). But I'm still sitting by the phone.

A guy who didn't dress up and shouted through the auditions ended up on the show and won a couple of games. He didn't dress up for the show, either. He was a stand-up comedian, fwiw.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Where does one find this test?
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Where does one find this test?
    A week in the past. It's a live test on Jeopardy.com that they give three nights a year. This year's was last Tuesday through Thursday.

I audited it Wednesday (they let you do that, which I didn't realize) and probably missed six or seven, including 4 I absolutely knew. I'm still mad at myself for not remembering Dave Eggers' name until after the test. I would have done the other two nights, but I had class.

9. Likes:

Kingspoint (02-01-2016)

I had a bad cold. No way could I focus enough to take the test last week. I was struggling with the crosswords.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Still trying. 45/50 right tonight, the best I've ever done, I think. As a bonus, the last question was about the Dodgers losing, always a happy topic.

12. Likes:

redsfanmia (01-28-2020),RFS62 (02-09-2020),WildcatFan (01-29-2020)

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Damn Marc. 45 is fantastic. I was sitting in the mid-30s and don’t know that I could’ve done much better.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

14. Likes:

marcshoe (01-29-2020)

Just finished it. I know I missed three for sure; left two blank and guessed wrong on another. Maybe missed one or two more, but probably the best I’ve ever done. Have never been called for a live audition.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

16. Likes:

Bob Sheed (02-03-2020),cumberlandreds (01-30-2020),marcshoe (01-29-2020),RFS62 (02-09-2020)

Turn Off Ads?