Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2016

Re: College Football 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Details in that Baylor report are disgusting. Fire everyone associated with that garbage.
    Should be death penalty time, same program that had a basketball coach and players involved in a murder, at the very least the entire coaching staff and athletic administration should be gone.
    Go Gators!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Should be death penalty time, same program that had a basketball coach and players involved in a murder, at the very least the entire coaching staff and athletic administration should be gone.
    Are they even under investigation for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Are they even under investigation for this?
    Not that I know of, this is them trying to head it off.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Not that I know of, this is them trying to head it off.
    I suppose if Penn State can get nailed for what they did, Baylor can get nailed for this.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I suppose if Penn State can get nailed for what they did, Baylor can get nailed for this.
    Penn State and Baylor should form their own conference.

Jeeps though, could you imagine being the parent of a female student athlete who is part of that athletic department?
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Ok, I read they self-reported this stuff. Oh, and while Starr is no longer president he moves to chancellor and still can teach at the law school.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

So my question is, if Baylor should get the death penalty, shouldn't Rocky Top?

Baylor did the right thing but Tennessee had similar allegations and it hasn't been discussed. Just proof if you are a blue blood you get a free pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

9. Likes:

jojo (05-27-2016),KronoRed (05-26-2016)

Is it too early to speculate that Briles could coach again? Especially if Texas A&M has an opening if the fans keep growing tired of Sumlin.

I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Is it too early to speculate that Briles could coach again? Especially if Texas A&M has an opening if the fans keep growing tired of Sumlin.

He could always go to the NFL.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

He's got a long period in purgatory before he's back at a power 5 program.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

This isn't like Petrino, Briles helped cover up sexual assault, he'll be out for a long time unless something comes up that exonerates him.
    Go Gators!

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Baylor did the right thing but Tennessee had similar allegations and it hasn't been discussed. Just proof if you are a blue blood you get a free pass.

Interesting observations.

The media in knoxville rallies around the money machine (and Nashville doesn't exactly have an army of rocky top haters either). Any market in Texas has just as many enemies of your program as friends in the media. There was no shortage of people willing to try and knock down Baylor a peg. And then Briles seems so arrogant, that nationally, he's a tempting target for someone without their gut involved. And then rape and coverup. It's an easy story. Baylor's was more public while UT has hidden their sins making a national narrative harder to write for the lazies that characterize today's reporter.

There is still hope that UT faces their just comeuppances too. Wouldn't send a daughter to either school.
    Last edited by jojo; 05-27-2016 at 10:46 AM.

16. Likes:

Assembly Hall (05-27-2016),bucksfan2 (05-31-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    The media in knoxville rallies around the money machine (and Nashville doesn't exactly have an army of rocky top haters either). Any market in Texas has just as many enemies of your program as friends in the media. There was no shortage of people willing to try and knock down Baylor a peg. And then Briles seems so arrogant, that nationally, he's a tempting target for someone without their gut involved.
    Maybe not so much Knoxville as a whole but there is the national media.

While we're at it, might as well include the Louisville basketball team and Pitino still being there.

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...bcs&yptr=yahoo
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?