Turn Off Ads?
Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17576364656667
Results 991 to 1,004 of 1004

Thread: College Football 2016

Re: College Football 2016

I bet Petrino is lying...but at this point it would have to be proven that he personally knew about this and I imagine that no further information will be forthcoming.

I also imagine several schools in the ACC are having internal discussions and pointing at UL's statement and saying "yeah let's not say anything like that."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I also imagine several schools in the ACC are having internal discussions and pointing at UL's statement and saying "yeah let's not say anything like that."
    Army, too. They are the only other school named so far.

I bet Petrino is lying...but at this point it would have to be proven that he personally knew about this and I imagine that no further information will be forthcoming.

Coaches know about everything. Until they don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

The quick back story is that Elrod, Ray McCartney, Lonnie Galloway, and Brian Knorr were coaches on Grobe's staff who (1) weren't retained when Clawson was hired, and (2) have subsequently crossed paths with Wake on the football field as opponents. McCartney was on the Army staff in 2015 and Knorr was at Indiana in 2015. If the extent of the shenanigans stays within any combination of those 4 guys, it's one story.

The second it steps outside those 4 guys, it becomes a much bigger story than it already is.

Also, keep in mind that not only has Wake barred Elrod from Wake athletics, his other employers (Verger Capital and IMG Sports) have also terminated him. Verger was spun off from WFU to manage the university's endowment as well as other privately held funds by other investors. IMG also has ties to Wake, as I think former WFU AD employees founded the company 15-ish years ago (?). That's 3 private employers with 3 sets of legal counsel, whether in house or external, that have reviewed email, phone logs, etc. and given the green light to sever ties with Elrod, pronto.

6. Likes:

BillDoran (12-15-2016),Revering4Blue (12-15-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Wake Forest might literally be the only power 5 school to allow the press "to have full access to our players, team functions, film room, and practices". Literally. It is easier to get into President Gouge's refrigerator than it is to get meaningful information from the Auburn Tiger football complex. Beat writers for perennial powers these days should just all change their names to jack because that is about the only way they'll know jack.
    Not exactly accurate, he wasn't just regular average press he was the teams color commentator and I would bet most schools give similar access...or at least did until this jackhole came along.
    UNCs football center was broken into mid season and a coaches laptop was stolen among other things. UNC lost to dook and state shortly after, both teams which suck horribly. Dook in particular seemed to know the call every single play before it happened-could be coincidence and they just beat em, who knows. I wonder how often these kind of situations happen across sports.
    Last edited by bounty37h; 12-15-2016 at 10:42 AM.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

No way Petrino would ever lie?
    "Why are those Dodger pitchers in the Reds bullpen?"-GAC August 28, 2009

9. Likes:

Chip R (12-15-2016)

VaTech is now in the loop as well, having received information in 2014 (which apparently was not well utilized given VaTech's 6-3 double OT loss). But their AD definitely learned from Tom Jurich in writing his press release. LOL

"We hold ourselves to a higher standard at Virginia Tech. We are disappointed and embarrassed that this type of information was distributed to, and apparently received by one of our former assistant coaches. The distribution of this type of information among peers or rivals is wrong and not in the vein of sportsmanship and integrity that we demand and expect, and for this, I would like to take this opportunity to personally apologize to the coaches, student-athletes, administration, alumni, students and fans of Wake Forest University."

Sounds like every school that played Wake and had this information should be forced to forfeit.

Wake Forest, your national champion.
    Go Gators!

Can we round up another 5-7 team in time for the Holiday Bowl?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...game/95495810/
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Can we round up another 5-7 team in time for the Holiday Bowl?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...game/95495810/
    Its kind of difficult to side with the players on this one.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

14. Likes:

bounty37h (12-16-2016),Chip R (12-16-2016),Revering4Blue (12-15-2016)

The Minnesota players have ended their boycott and will resume preparing for the Holiday Bowl.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

IU played Wake Forest this year. Indiana is in contact with the Deacons seeing if any info was exchanged.

In news maybe no one else cares about: How about my James Madison Dukes knocking off 5-time defending FCS Champs North Dakota State in the FargoDome? On to the championship game in Frisco, TX!
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

18. Likes:

Assembly Hall (12-17-2016),Chip R (12-17-2016),Revering4Blue (12-17-2016),Roy Tucker (12-17-2016),texasdave (12-18-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    In news maybe no one else cares about: How about my James Madison Dukes knocking off 5-time defending FCS Champs North Dakota State in the FargoDome? On to the championship game in Frisco, TX!
    Congratulations! There are a lot of UNI fans and alums that are very happy about this.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

20. Likes:

RichRed (12-17-2016)

Turn Off Ads?