Turn Off Ads?
Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 20606667686970
Results 1,036 to 1,049 of 1049

Thread: Indiana Basketball Continued AGAIN

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Re: Indiana Basketball Continued AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Great game for you guys! You know how hard it is for a road team to win in OT? Nobody saw this coming. Party up Hoosiers!
    I think everyone in the nation saw how good this IU team "could" be. They need to bring that effort every night. I need another drink!!!!

2. Likes:

Hillsdale87 (02-03-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I think everyone in the nation saw how good this IU team "could" be. They need to bring that effort every night. I need another drink!!!!
    Last night was awesome. Really makes you wish Davis could get healthy. He's really hard to defend and makes such a huge impact. Definitely the key to the game. Green was good too outside of that terrible TO at the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes:

Assembly Hall (02-03-2019),Revering4Blue (02-04-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    Last night was awesome. Really makes you wish Davis could get healthy. He's really hard to defend and makes such a huge impact. Definitely the key to the game. Green was good too outside of that terrible TO at the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    De'Ron is a difference maker for this team and I would say the same about Devonte.

7. Likes:

Hillsdale87 (02-03-2019)

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

I hear 'ya and don't disagree. However...

All of the effort in the World likely wouldn't have produced a victory without Davis and Green producing as they did. The other bigs, sans Morgan, can't approximate Davis' production at this point. Likewise, it's unreasonable to expect Anderson (who is not yet ready for prime-time) and McRoberts (who was playing injured and, well, just isn't very good) to fill Green's shoes.

That said, prior to Saturday night's game, I was also concerned about 1)The players tuning out CAM. 2)Lack of on-court leadership. Thankfully, those aforementioned issues were not really evident.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

9. Likes:

Assembly Hall (02-04-2019)

De'Ron is a difference maker for this team and I would say the same about Devonte.
    Having De'Ron in the game establishing himself as a force created better shots for everyone.

If Devonte is focused, the one-two punch of DG and RP could be lethal, with Green obviously playing with RP and Romeo at times. Despite Morgan's injury, it's still mind boggling that the Hoosiers managed to win at the Breslin center with no contributions from RP.

Man, if DG and RP can both produce/heavily contribute at the same time, we wouldn't have to so concerned about the offense bogging down when Morgan, Romeo and Davis are off the floor.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post

All of the effort in the World likely wouldn't have produced a victory without Davis and Green producing as they did. The other bigs, sans Morgan, can't approximate Davis' production at this point. Likewise, it's unreasonable to expect Anderson (who is not yet ready for prime-time) and McRoberts (who was playing injured and, well, just isn't very good) to fill Green's shoes.

That said, prior to Saturday night's game, I was also concerned about 1)The players tuning out CAM. 2)Lack of on-court leadership. Thankfully, those aforementioned issues were not really evident.
    Especially when discussing college athletics, I think a lot of times people ascribe actions to either a)lack of effort or b)tuning out the coach when they are instead due to a lack of confidence. Certainly lacking confidence can also result in a lack of effort and/or tuning out the coach, but I think it's independent of those two more nefarious issues. The good news is that I think a lack of confidence can be fixed than a lack of effort or players tuning out the coach.

Where this team has struggled in my mind is that the majority of the roster was essentially looking at Juwan Morgan and Romeo Langford and not really getting a lot to feed off of for whatever reason.

Romeo can be shut down offensively if the rest of the team can't effectively space the floor. The biggest difference in this game was that 1)Everyone had some success shooting which opened things up which gave Langford the room he needed, and 2)Morgan being off the floor galvanized everyone to play well for him.

This team reminds me in a lot of ways of the 2011-2012 team. A lot of younger players essentially over deferred to Verdell Jones on that team, not because Jones was a greedy ball hog, but just because the personalities of those players just led them to be defer to him too much. In February of that year, he got injured and missed the next 5-6 games. He never started again, and that team seemed to coalesce some more around the quality underclassmen.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

12. Likes:

Assembly Hall (02-04-2019),Revering4Blue (02-04-2019)

Someone had an interesting stat on one of the IU sites. The Hoosiers have only lost 1 game this year when Davis and Green played in the same game. Now how true that is, I dunno.

Someone had an interesting stat on one of the IU sites. The Hoosiers have only lost 1 game this year when Davis and Green played in the same game. Now how true that is, I dunno.
    Not true. Both played in the Maryland, Nebraska and Purdue games.

Davis, though, was majorly hobbled from the rolled ankle in the Illinois game. That’s got to factor in there somewhere.

Not true. Both played in the Maryland, Nebraska and Purdue games.

Davis, though, was majorly hobbled from the rolled ankle in the Illinois game. That’s got to factor in there somewhere.
    I went back and looked at that post....when they both played in the same game, and logged more than 5 minutes each.

16. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-05-2019)

Juwan is practicing with the team.

Who’s to blame for Indiana’s struggles? You pick.

https://www.crimsonquarry.com/2019/2...ford-nba-draft

Who’s to blame for Indiana’s struggles? You pick.

https://www.crimsonquarry.com/2019/2...ford-nba-draft
    Rumor has it there was a locker room altercation after the Ohio St. loss.

Archie says drastic changes are coming? The season is not over yet...there is still a chance. I need another drink.

Over 1,00 posts and I will close this one. Looks like you guys have already started another one. So carry on there.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?