Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana Basketball Continued AGAIN

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Re: Indiana Basketball Continued AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    Any word on Morgan? RoJo?
    Well this what I am hearing on other sites......Morgan's injury is something he has been dealing with all season. From what hear, if he gets 3-4 days off he is back to normal. But he might need off season surgery on that shoulder. As far as RoJo...the jury is still out other than he will definitely be back by the NCAAT...but some report that he might play in the BTT.

Who knows? But if I come across any new information I will post it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

4. Likes:

dubc47834 (03-04-2016),Revering4Blue (03-04-2016),thatcoolguy_22 (03-04-2016)

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Under appreciated performances in IU history

George Leach in 2002 Final four game against Oklahoma

I'm bored at work and just watched game again

First half IU started terrible on offense. 9 points total at the midway point. Jared Jeffries picks up his second foul and Mike Davis substituted in George Leach. OU was on a bit of a run scoring on 5 straight possessions and it looked like IU would fall impossibly far behind. Their offense was really wretched at the moment. George Leach to the rescue. The official box score says he only played 6 minutes, but tgey were all high pressure minutes. He was credited with 2 blocks (I counted 3) and he had a couple rebounds as well. However, all of his blocks were of the get the crowd screaming variety that led to easy transition baskets that sparked the IU offense. Even when he wasn't getting blocks, he caused a lot of ugly shots by Oklahoma.

Only 6 minutes on the court, but without them, I posit that IU could have fallen behind 20 points and never faced Maryland in the championship game.

I only mention this because I forgot he even existed until I watched the game again. Anyone remember any similar performances from unlikely role players for IU?

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post

Anyone remember any similar performances from unlikely role players for IU?
    Jim Thomas in the '81 FF. I do believe he made the all FF team that year.

What a way to finish the regular season. Bravo, hoosiers, bravo

8. Likes:

Assembly Hall (03-07-2016),Hoosier Red (03-06-2016),Razor Shines (03-07-2016),Strikes Out Looking (03-06-2016)

Banner up in B-town!

10. Likes:

thatcoolguy_22 (03-07-2016)

One of the knocks on Crean has been that his teams dont finish strongly.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    One of the knocks on Crean has been that his teams dont finish strongly.
    This was the 1st game in a while where they got up big and didn't really let the other team back in it late. Every time Maryland made a run, IU countered. It really was impressive, as impressive a win I think they have had all year. I'm probly gonna bite the bullet on this later, but Im really excited for this team come tourney time. I think they can make some really loud noise!
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

13. Likes:

Assembly Hall (03-07-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    This was the 1st game in a while where they got up big and didn't really let the other team back in it late. Every time Maryland made a run, IU countered. It really was impressive, as impressive a win I think they have had all year. I'm probly gonna bite the bullet on this later, but Im really excited for this team come tourney time. I think they can make some really loud noise!
    I don't think it's really necessary for us to qualify our excitement about this team any longer. Believe me I know that's incredibly difficult but I believe this team is different. I think certainly we've had cause to regret our excitement going into the tournament with previous Cream teams and this team may not make the FF4 because anything can happen but I see no reason why I need to feel sheepish in thinking this team has as good a chance as any other team to make a deep run this year.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I don't think it's really necessary for us to qualify our excitement about this team any longer. Believe me I know that's incredibly difficult but I believe this team is different. I think certainly we've had cause to regret our excitement going into the tournament with previous Cream teams and this team may not make the FF4 because anything can happen but I see no reason why I need to feel sheepish in thinking this team has as good a chance as any other team to make a deep run this year.
    I hear what your saying, but for some reason in the back of my mind I have this nervousness about this team. Like you said, tourney time is a whole different beast, it's a way different game that's called different from the way B10 games are called. I think the way IU plays bodes well for them, but you never know. I hope we can make a good run! Im not that guy that says we need to make E8 of F4, just so long as we don't get beat by a team that we are better than or just don't play the way they are supposed to.
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    I hear what your saying, but for some reason in the back of my mind I have this nervousness about this team. Like you said, tourney time is a whole different beast, it's a way different game that's called different from the way B10 games are called. I think the way IU plays bodes well for them, but you never know. I hope we can make a good run! Im not that guy that says we need to make E8 of F4, just so long as we don't get beat by a team that we are better than or just don't play the way they are supposed to.
    Nothing wrong with being nervous at all. But this IU team since JBJ went down is different. Everybody in the country knows we can shoot the ball from deep and it aint just our guards. This IU team crashes the boards. This IU team plays defense. And most importantly, this IU team plays team basketball. They ate the Terps up by passing the ball.

17. Likes:

dubc47834 (03-07-2016)

First round matchup is against Michigan. With LeVert still out, I like our chances. However, I think a loss will put us in the 4 seed and on a collision course with a 1 seed early (assuming everything goes to plan). This could be huge game.

If Michigan beats us, this whole season is down the toilet.

20. Likes:

Hoosier Red (03-11-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    If Michigan beats us, this whole season is down the toilet.
    lol
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    lol
    LOL........let's leave no doubt!

Turn Off Ads?