Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Redszone Dynasty League 2016 -- Season 8

Re: Redszone Dynasty League 2016 -- Season 8

I apologize for not chiming in earlier (sometimes life gets in the way of taking care of things like fantasy baseball). I understand that we shouldn't push the deadline back too far because I know that taking care of adding players to rosters can be a hassle for a commish. But, personally, pushing the deadline back just 1-2 weeks would be wonderful because I have no idea who Cam and I should cut. The thing is in the past I seem to remember that Yahoo has added that NA designation later than they should have. So, it's possible that a prospect that doesn't have the tag could still get it just because Yahoo isn't always on top of things. Or maybe not.

Maybe 1 or 2 more weeks and (maybe?) if a prospect is dropped because he doesn't have the NA tag right not BUT gets the tag before the draft the team has the option of adding the prospect back to their team.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I processed the keeper selections. I added your NA players back to your teams. You can now set your lineups and make trades.

Everyone please check your rosters to make sure everything is correct.

I will allow all teams to make substitutions on their keepers for one week. If you want to make changes to your keepers (for any reason) you may do so until 10:00am on Saturday, February 18th. After that time all keepers will be final. This means for example that if one of your players gains NA status you may move him to your NA roster and replace him on your regular roster with one of the players you cut. Notify me if you wish to make a change.

Other topics:

-- Do not add any players prior to the draft.

-- I still need to adjust the Waiver Priority on the site.

-- I still need to determine the Draft Order to account for any draft picks that were traded last year. The updated draft order will be in the Commish Notes section whenever I get it done.

-- The draft will start approximately March 10th.

-- You can trade draft picks but keep in mind the draft picks in the online trading function as of now are 2018 picks. If you include a pick in a trade using the Yahoo system it will be a 2018 draft pick. You can still trade 2017 picks but those will have to be communicated via the Notes section and make sure you notify me so I can manually adjust this year's draft order.

4. Likes:

camisadelgolf (02-11-2017)

thanks for doing all this Nick.

- Brett

6. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (02-12-2017),AtomicDumpling (02-11-2017),Gallen5862 (02-11-2017),Razor Shines (02-12-2017)

am I reading this right: is Steven (camisadelgolf) co-managing Dan's team? that's what yahoo says under 'managers'. are you guys banding together to get your titles back?

or is this a mistake & Steven is co-managing his old team (Razor Shines)?

- Brett

I plan to employ the same strategy as last year. stay close and have my rival's teams get decimated by injuries.

- Brett

9. Likes:

AtomicDumpling (02-11-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    am I reading this right: is Steven (camisadelgolf) co-managing Dan's team? that's what yahoo says under 'managers'. are you guys banding together to get your titles back?

or is this a mistake & Steven is co-managing his old team (Razor Shines)?

- Brett
    Yeah, I'm co-managing with Dan. In reality I'll probably have a nominal impact on the team, but I can help with updating starting lineups when I have time. I just don't have the time to run a team all by my lonesome.

camisadeldan or Redsfangolf? I prefer the former.

I've seen guys co-manage in other leagues. it will help with the early season closer carousel that happens each year. plus as you said, keep that lineup filled each day. sometimes leagues are lost just because a manager didn't use every game.

- Brett

12. Likes:

camisadelgolf (03-06-2017)

2 of the last 3 guys to win league championships are joining forces?

Looks like this league has our very own Evil Empire.

14. Likes:

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    2 of the last 3 guys to win league championships are joining forces?

Looks like this league has our very own Evil Empire.
    That means beating them will be twice as sweet!

16. Likes:

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    I processed the keeper selections. I added your NA players back to your teams. You can now set your lineups and make trades.

I will allow all teams to make substitutions on their keepers for one week. If you want to make changes to your keepers (for any reason) you may do so until 10:00am on Saturday, February 18th. After that time all keepers will be final. This means for example that if one of your players gains NA status you may move him to your NA roster and replace him on your regular roster with one of the players you cut. Notify me if you wish to make a change.

Other topics:

-- I still need to determine the Draft Order to account for any draft picks that were traded last year. The updated draft order will be in the Commish Notes section whenever I get it done.

-- You can trade draft picks but keep in mind the draft picks in the online trading function as of now are 2018 picks. If you include a pick in a trade using the Yahoo system it will be a 2018 draft pick. You can still trade 2017 picks but those will have to be communicated via the Notes section and make sure you notify me so I can manually adjust this year's draft order.
    I think the waiver priority is just fine. I'm number 1 and you are number 12. Looks good to me!

- Brett

18. Likes:

AtomicDumpling (02-14-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post

Other topics:

Keepers are final but I wanted to give a heads up to everyone...Austin Meadows just went to NA for me...so everyone take a look if you had any guys in question maybe they have been fixed. It may help with your draft plans.

fantasy advise from a really great guy.
    http://razzball.com/2017-team-previews-cincinnati-reds/

he'd be an even greater guy if he'd start the draft!

- Brett

21. Likes:

AtomicDumpling (03-06-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    fantasy advise from a really great guy.
    http://razzball.com/2017-team-previews-cincinnati-reds/

he'd be an even greater guy if he'd start the draft!

- Brett
    Hey you noticed. LOL

There was an awesome section on Brandon Phillips that got left out because the Reds traded him before the article was published.

AtomDump, you mentioned the draft date would be "approximately March 10th". Is there an update on this? Are we going to shoot for the 17th instead?

The draft is starting Saturday March 11 at Noon

Turn Off Ads?