Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Redszone Dynasty League 2016 -- Season 8

Re: Redszone Dynasty League 2016 -- Season 8

I'm here to announce that this will be my last season in the league. It's been a ton of fun, but I'd like to spend less time on fantasy baseball and more time focusing on other things. I'm willing to give up my team any time, so if a new owner would like to join sooner than later, I'm ready to hand over the keys. Hit up AtomicDumpling if you're interested. Here's the roster:

C J.T. Realmuto
    1B Edwin Encarnacion
    2B Brian Dozier
    3B Josh Donaldson
    SS Brad Miller
    C Yasmani Grandal
    C Austin Hedges
    1B Adrian Gonzalez
    1B Greg Bird
    1B Casey Gillaspie
    2B Jorge Mateo
    2B/3B Brett Lawrie
    3B/SS Jung Ho Kang
    3B/SS Jose Reyes
    OF Charlie Blackmon
    OF Yoenis Cespedes
    OF Michael Brantley
    OF Cameron Maybin
    OF Leonys Martin
    OF Billy Burns

SP Noah Syndergaard
    SP Jake Arrieta
    SP Rich Hill
    SP Jon Lester
    SP David Price
    SP Trevor Bauer
    SP James Paxton
    SP Robbie Ray
    SP Reynaldo Lopez
    SP Sean Newcomb
    SP Brock Stewart
    RP Craig Kimbrel
    RP Dellin Betances
    RP Jeanmar Gomez
    RP Adam Ottavino
    RP Cam Bedrosian
    RP Keone Kela
    RP Will Harris
    RP Addison Reed

Unfortunately I traded the 1st and 2nd round picks already, so that leaves the team with three 3rd rounders, a 4th rounder, and a 5th rounder to work with going into next season.

2. Turn Off Ads?

this year I decided I was going to wait until Yahoo got their site up and running to even think about fantasy baseball. in recent years I've been ready way too early. I was doing soooooo well. then today I was at CVS waiting to get a prescription filled and wandering around the store. they had a magazine rack. with the Sporting News 2017 fantasy baseball magazine. the Devil made me do it! I bought it and after reading it & spending way too much time online I am well into my draft prep, trade ideas and sleepers. when does the draft start? AD, lets get this party started!
    - Brett

Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    this year I decided I was going to wait until Yahoo got their site up and running to even think about fantasy baseball. in recent years I've been ready way too early. I was doing soooooo well. then today I was at CVS waiting to get a prescription filled and wandering around the store. they had a magazine rack. with the Sporting News 2017 fantasy baseball magazine. the Devil made me do it! I bought it and after reading it & spending way too much time online I am well into my draft prep, trade ideas and sleepers. when does the draft start? AD, lets get this party started!
    - Brett
    Ditto that brother.

Waiting for Yahoo to open for business as I have many guys with position elgibilty unknown.

Kris Bryant 1B? Sign me up.
    Kyle Schwarber C? A little help please God.

I think I've accidentally stumbled into having a pretty flexible roster for this year.

Are you still out Vampire Weekend at Bernies? We'll miss you. (But will need a replacement)

Yahoo usually opens up fantasy right around Super Bowl time. I'm guessing it will probably be another week or two. I will re-launch the league as soon as it opens. Time to start planning your keepers and drops. I hope Camisadelgolf decides to keep playing!

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Ditto that brother.

Waiting for Yahoo to open for business as I have many guys with position elgibilty unknown.

Kris Bryant 1B? Sign me up.
    Kyle Schwarber C? A little help please God.

I think I've accidentally stumbled into having a pretty flexible roster for this year.

Are you still out Vampire Weekend at Bernies? We'll miss you. (But will need a replacement)
    this is going to be the year your multi year rebuild pays off. if I recall you have Bryant, Betts, Turner, Schwarber, Reyes & probably 2-3 other young studs I forgot about.

I think the planets aligned a bit for me last year. I can think of probably six teams that could win this year.

- Brett

paging Nick...yahoo is up and running!

- Brett

I'm ready to step down from my team this year. Ideally I'd have a co-owner, but I imagine anyone entering the league would strongly prefer full control, which is understandable. Anyway I just didn't have the time to be as active as I would've liked last year, and I'm only getting busier as time goes on. For anyone interested, here's my team's current roster:

C Yasmani Grandal
    C J.T. Realmuto
    C Austin Hedges
    1B Edwin Encarnacion
    1B Greg Bird
    1B Adrian Gonzalez
    1B/SS Brad Miller (will probably gain 2B eligibility in April)
    2B Brian Dozier
    2B Neil Walker
    2B Dilson Herrera
    3B Josh Donaldson
    3B Jung Ho Kang (may have SS eligibility at some point this year)
    3B/SS Jose Reyes
    SS Jorge Mateo (probably a 2B or OF down the line)
    OF Yoenis Cespedes
    OF Charlie Blackmon
    OF Michael Brantley
    OF Kole Calhoun
    OF Kevin Kiermaier
    OF Cameron Maybin

SP Noah Syndergaard
    SP Jake Arrieta
    SP Jon Lester
    SP David Price
    SP Rich Hill
    SP James Paxton
    SP Robbie Ray
    SP/RP Reynaldo Lopez
    RP Craig Kimbrel
    RP Adam Ottavino
    RP Cam Bedrosian
    RP Addison Reed
    RP Jeanmar Gomez
    RP Dellin Betances
    RP Keone Kela
    RP Arodys Vizcaino

Draft picks in the upcoming draft:
    Round 3
    #4, #7, #12

Round 4

Round 5

Thank you to Atomic Dumpling for doing a wonderful job as commissioner, and thank you to all of you in the league for making these years so much fun. I'd love to hang around, but my touring schedule has made it too difficult to thrive in such a talented, dedicated league. With a couple good moves, I could see this team winning another championship. Good luck to all of you.

I looked at my roster. I'm not sure how it got so full of complete chaff. yikes. I have about 7 guys I want to dump.

- Brett

Hey guys, I am working on setting up the league right now. I will need a list of cuts from each of you. You can keep 30 players plus 5 NA players.

Anybody else notice the player universe seems incomplete? No NA players for you to even add to our teams, Atomic...

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Anybody else notice the player universe seems incomplete? No NA players for you to even add to our teams, Atomic...
    New Players Become Available: Wait until called up to Majors View List of Forced Players

I found this under league settings...all the NA guys are on the Forced Player link if you are on the site. Seems like that may be the culprit. I don't know if they will automatically rejoin our teams if that setting is reversed.

Just in case so I don't forget...I had/have A. Meadows, F. Martes, A. Espinoza, V. Robles and D. Tate as my NA guys...I think that was it. Unless AD has a master list you may want to be remembering who you had just in case...since we aren't sure what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    New Players Become Available: Wait until called up to Majors View List of Forced Players

I found this under league settings...all the NA guys are on the Forced Player link if you are on the site. Seems like that may be the culprit. I don't know if they will automatically rejoin our teams if that setting is reversed.

Just in case so I don't forget...I had/have A. Meadows, F. Martes, A. Espinoza, V. Robles and D. Tate as my NA guys...I think that was it. Unless AD has a master list you may want to be remembering who you had just in case...since we aren't sure what is going on.
    if you look at last years rosters you'll see your N/A guys.

yes, I think Nick needs to change that setting

- Brett

Nick,

I'll cut Domingo Santana to get to 30 players.
    Jason Hammel isn't showing up on my roster (because he is an N/A) but if he signs somewhere I'll cut him too.

I have 3 N/A players: J P Crawford, Tyler O'Neill & Devers.

- Brett

I think I'm still one over.
    I'll also drop Asbrubal Cabrera.

- Brett

I'm an idiot. I forgot we now do our own keepers on the league site.
    my keepers are done.

p.s.
    I'm interested in trading for another starting pitcher.
    what high quality guys am I dangling?
    glad you asked.
    1) 3B Nick Castellanos
    2) RP A J Ramos (Marlins closer)
    3) RP Sam Dyson (Rangers closer)
    4) possibly Scott 'MVP' Schebler

- Brett

Turn Off Ads?