Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Millenium Hotel Cincinnati

Posting from Southwest VA redsfaninbsg's Avatar

Millenium Hotel Cincinnati

My wife has us a room booked there for Opening Day. I've never stayed there and had heart great things about it in the past but after looking at some online reviews it appears recent guests aren't very happy. Anyone stayed their recently that may have some input?
    This is the ol Left Hander rounding third and heading for home.

2. Likes:

goreds2 (04-09-2016)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    They call me "chef"

Re: Millenium Hotel Cincinnati

I was there in 2013. It was OK/fine, if not a little bit dated.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfaninbsg View Post
    My wife has us a room booked there for Opening Day. I've never stayed there and had heart great things about it in the past but after looking at some online reviews it appears recent guests aren't very happy. Anyone stayed their recently that may have some input?
    It's fine. Location is great. It is not remotely updated and will look/feel rundown to you, in all likelihood.

I stayed there a couple years ago.

It's pretty old, but I was just sleeping there.

I stay there every year for Redsfest.

Like the others have stated, it's a bit dated but the rooms are clean, the location is great and it's typically pretty cheap. It certainly wouldn't be my first choice for a romantic getaway weekend, but if you're looking to stay downtown on the cheap it's perfectly fine!

It's the low budget choice of downtown. It's fine but you get what you pay for.

It has 2 towers, One of them is a bit nicer than the other- I think the south one is the nicer of the two. It is a bit dated, but it is clean and just fine to me. It's just a hotel room.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by 919191 View Post
    It has 2 towers, One of them is a bit nicer than the other- I think the south one is the nicer of the two. It is a bit dated, but it is clean and just fine to me. It's just a hotel room.
    ^ This + a bazillion

I forget which is which, but a quick search of reviews should make it clear.

Renovated side is nice, clean, and no issues. Old side is nasty, had bed bug issues (and once had hard to not be has), and generally icky. Have stayed in both towers; walked around room in old side in white socks, at end of evening the feet of my socks were coal black...

Find out which you want and try to get there early for checkin. If not available then, tell em you are fine to wait for an open room on the tower side you want.

Good luck and go Reds!

I stayed there once several years ago for one of our Redszone get-togethers. I pretty much concur with what everyone else has said..... good downtown location, somewhat dated, but I found it to be clean and more then suitable. Didn't really have any complaints.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

How did your stay end up? Thanks for posting this thread. We were going to book at the Hyatt which is where we usually stay. On Pete Rose weekend, the Hyatt wanted over 700 dollars for 2 nights. I remembered seeing this thread and the Millennium Hotel is across the street from the Hyatt. We saved over $340 booking at the Millennium. We will accept some "down grades" on that savings. Thanks again! (We are in the South Tower)

!
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

13. Likes:

Eric from NC (04-10-2016)

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

I stayed there when we had the REDSzone get-together back in 2007.
    There's a Macy's or something across the street, in case you forget to pack underwear. Not saying why I would know that.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    I stayed there when we had the REDSzone get-together back in 2007.
    There's a Macy's or something across the street, in case you forget to pack underwear. Not saying why I would know that.
    Or you can just go commando.

I am bummed this hotel is in the process of being torn down. It was basically half the price of the Hyatt across the street.

https://www.fox19.com/2021/03/08/mil...emo-set-begin/
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Well if the Port Authority is involved it will be a vacant site for years just like The Gardens site.

i had no idea it was closed all 0f last year. Kind of sad. my family stayed there many times over the years.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

19. Likes:

goreds2 (03-23-2021),KittyDuran (03-27-2021)

Turn Off Ads?