Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Look at What My Kitty was up to Last Night

Re: Look at What My Kitty was up to Last Night

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    You certainly didn't write that very well. You wrote that your dog had a grain allergy and in the following sentence you said your vet recommended a vegetarian dog food
    I'll be darned... I'm not perfect.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    I can think of a more invasive specie.
    Tribbles?
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Tribbles?
    Nerds?

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Nerds?
    Okay, I missed that reference, unless it is to candy. Or to this guy:

Name:  328ff3d500bd1af7297f0e2145245ead.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  31.9 KB
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Whether or not an animal can live as a vegetarian is a little different from whether it's a kind thing to do to an animal.

My feeling is if you have a problem with dog food containing meat, maybe just don't get a dog.
    Well I got a dog from a shelter, turns out when she ate food with meat in it, she got a skin condition...like mange but not as severe. Hot spots all over her body. We tried everything from Alpo to Eukenuba, to some specially formulated, pinko grass fed beef and chicken mix...still the hotspots. Then we went with the artisan wild caught Coho formulation; no dice. The vet said to try vegetarian food and guess what? The girl's healthy as can be, now.
    I'm not a vet or a dietician, but maybe it's about protein, not whether it's derived from meat.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

7. Likes:

westofyou (05-14-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Well I got a dog from a shelter, turns out when she ate food with meat in it, she got a skin condition...like mange but not as severe. Hot spots all over her body. We tried everything from Alpo to Eukenuba, to some specially formulated, pinko grass fed beef and chicken mix...still the hotspots. Then we went with the artisan wild caught Coho formulation; no dice. The vet said to try vegetarian food and guess what? The girl's healthy as can be, now.
    I'm not a vet or a dietician, but maybe it's about protein, not whether it's derived from meat.
    Probably going to be exceptions to almost anything, I should have said in general. In general, dogs evolved to eat meat.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Tribbles?
    Cubs fans.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Probably going to be exceptions to almost anything, I should have said in general. In general, dogs evolved to eat meat.
    I thought dogs evolved to eat what humans cast off, in exchange for their watchfulness, willingness to do work and companionship.

This article provides some interesting insight into their diet.
    http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2013/...-domestication
    Last edited by SunDeck; 05-15-2016 at 10:43 AM.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

11. Likes:

Redsfaithful (05-15-2016)

That's very interesting. In fact, when I grew up people just fed table scraps to the dogs, and I didn't even know you could buy dog food. The dogs didn't suffer any at all for it, and lived good long lives just the same.

Turn Off Ads?