Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE Talk Pt. II: It's not a good thread, it's not a bad thread, it's THE thread...

Re: WWE Talk Pt. II: It's not a good thread, it's not a bad thread, it's THE thread..

Wonder what effect the Lesner positive drug test have on WWE?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: WWE Talk Pt. II: It's not a good thread, it's not a bad thread, it's THE thread..

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    How is it that both rosters kinda suck?
    I kinda like it?

RAW:
    Rollins
    Reigns
    Balor
    Zayn
    Owens
    Cesaro
    Sheamus
    Swagger
    The New Day

SmackDown:
    Ambrose
    Styles
    Cena
    Orton
    Wyatt
    Miz
    Ziggler
    Del Rio
    Kalisto
    Crews
    American Alpha

That's enough pretty stuff on each side right there for me, I actually think RAW might be the stronger brand after initially preferring SmackDown. I just wish Big Show, Kane, and Mark Henry would go away already. And I'd love to see Bobby Roode skip NXT entirely in favor of the main roster but hopefully he becomes a big player in NXT.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by sdwagers View Post
    Well in my 30 plus years of watching WWE... Crap like this is Vince's MO
    Yet you've been watching for 30 years.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

5. Likes:

TRF (07-20-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Yet you've been watching for 30 years.
    truth, but frustrated with the product numerous times and the WWE banner includes JCP's NWA, WCW, WCCW, etc which I adore.

I was NWA guy tried and true. I 've never been to to a WWF/E event. I do have WWE network - mostly for NXT and PPVs and classic stuff (more JCP NWA!)

I 'm a HUGE Chikara fan even though some of the stuff is nonsense - at least the storylines ALWAYS make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I kinda like it?

RAW:
    Rollins
    Reigns
    Balor
    Zayn
    Owens
    Cesaro
    Sheamus
    Swagger
    The New Day

SmackDown:
    Ambrose
    Styles
    Cena
    Orton
    Wyatt
    Miz
    Ziggler
    Del Rio
    Kalisto
    Crews
    American Alpha

That's enough pretty stuff on each side right there for me, I actually think RAW might be the stronger brand after initially preferring SmackDown. I just wish Big Show, Kane, and Mark Henry would go away already. And I'd love to see Bobby Roode skip NXT entirely in favor of the main roster but hopefully he becomes a big player in NXT.
    I'd be happier if Smackdown didn't have Cena, ADR and Orton -- because you just know that the minute ratings stagnate that the strap (or whatever passes for a World Title on SD) will go right around John Cena's waist, and he'll be feuding with Randy "Can I get my check as soon as I get back to gorilla?" Orton endlessly.

I'd wish they would have just gone all-in with Smackdown as the show full of guys Vince doesn't like/get (Ambrose, AJ, Wyatt, Ziggler plus guys like Zayn and Cesaro) v. having it be guys Vince doesn't get plus 2-3 people who he can use to just bury the hell out of them.

Also, Mauro Ranallo getting saddled with useless-pile-of-humanity-in-a-headset JBL just seems like an extra kick in the dick to anyone who had hopes for things changing even a little bit.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I'd be happier if Smackdown didn't have Cena, ADR and Orton -- because you just know that the minute ratings stagnate that the strap (or whatever passes for a World Title on SD) will go right around John Cena's waist, and he'll be feuding with Randy "Can I get my check as soon as I get back to gorilla?" Orton endlessly.

I'd wish they would have just gone all-in with Smackdown as the show full of guys Vince doesn't like/get (Ambrose, AJ, Wyatt, Ziggler plus guys like Zayn and Cesaro) v. having it be guys Vince doesn't get plus 2-3 people who he can use to just bury the hell out of them.

Also, Mauro Ranallo getting saddled with useless-pile-of-humanity-in-a-headset JBL just seems like an extra kick in the dick to anyone who had hopes for things changing even a little bit.
    wait... JBL to Smackdown?

Is he off Raw?
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by sdwagers View Post
    truth, but frustrated with the product numerous times and the WWE banner includes JCP's NWA, WCW, WCCW, etc which I adore.

I was NWA guy tried and true. I 've never been to to a WWF/E event. I do have WWE network - mostly for NXT and PPVs and classic stuff (more JCP NWA!)

I 'm a HUGE Chikara fan even though some of the stuff is nonsense - at least the storylines ALWAYS make sense.
    I didn't mean to sound flip but it reminds me of this joke: Two elderly women are at a Catskill mountain resort, and one of 'em says, "Boy, the food at this place is really terrible." The other one says, "Yeah, I know; and such small portions."
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    wait... JBL to Smackdown?

Is he off Raw?
    Raw: Cole, Graves & Saxton
    SD: Mauro, JBL & Otunga
    Superstars: Phillips & Graves
    Main Event: Phillips & Otunga
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

With Reigns in the doghouse, I could see Rollins going full face. (Someone will have to-- this is a roster of heels, pretty much.) Balor will come in a face, but he works so well as a heel. Interesting too that he's on RAW with Anderson and Gallows, but not Styles. I'd have bet a bunch they'd be a modern iteration of the Four Horsemen. Young may get a push with Backlund as his mouthpiece. Neville might also get a big push.

Raw: Cole, Graves & Saxton
    SD: Mauro, JBL & Otunga
    Superstars: Phillips & Graves
    Main Event: Phillips & Otunga
    No King.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

No King.
    Probably off tv for awhile after his latest arrest.

Probably off tv for awhile after his latest arrest.
    He actually was back on TV, including last night on SmackDown, for a few weeks after the charges got dropped. But apparently he's being booted to pre-show activities.

He actually was back on TV, including last night on SmackDown, for a few weeks after the charges got dropped. But apparently he's being booted to pre-show activities.
    Probably tired of travelling for SD tapings. This way he's needed half as often?
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Probably tired of travelling for SD tapings. This way he's needed half as often?
    Lawler is not a fresh voice as the WWE is doing a facelift. I would nt be surprised if he's not doing work for the WWE network in some capacity and brought back for special events. I preferred Lawler the wrestler vs the commentator.

If they could get rid of Michael Cole - that would be awesome.
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

I didn't mean to sound flip but it reminds me of this joke: Two elderly women are at a Catskill mountain resort, and one of 'em says, "Boy, the food at this place is really terrible." The other one says, "Yeah, I know; and such small portions."
    Truth here. WWE has a monopoly in some sense. TNA's product is not good, and ROH's production just seems off. I don't get AXS so I can't get NJPW. I did Chikaratopia ($8 a month) for awhile but couldn't make time for it (though I have digitial versions on older shows of theirs with Caesro, Chris Hero, Gargano, etc).
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

Turn Off Ads?