Turn Off Ads?
Page 42 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE Talk Pt. II: It's not a good thread, it's not a bad thread, it's THE thread...

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Re: WWE Talk Pt. II: It's not a good thread, it's not a bad thread, it's THE thread..

Quote Originally Posted by sdwagers View Post
    So WWE announced a new PPV name... "Great Balls of Fire". Lord help us.
    I honestly thought it was a Southpaw Regional Wrestling event.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

2. Likes:

M2 (05-01-2017)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: WWE Talk Pt. II: It's not a good thread, it's not a bad thread, it's THE thread..

Talk about an obvious sign the company is being run a 71-year-old man.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Talk about an obvious sign the company is being run a 71-year-old man.
    The PPV last night was thoroughly mediocre as well.

... I haven't been digging the WWE recently... but then I think it could be the product above then I sigh and say " ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ "
    Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

If (based on RAW last night) it turns out that the PPV name is a result of (kayfabe) Dean Ambrose being appointed acting-GM for 1 night in London, I'll take back every bad thing I said about it.

Jinder is wwe champion
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Jinder is wwe champion
    Good one, Tom. You always have a great sense of humor.

Might as well look and see what happened.

Luke Harper beat Erick Rowan. No surprise, Harper still has some great potential.

Natalya won.. Yay. Go Natty! I mean Welcome Committee won.

Sammy Zayn beat Corbin... Guess that shows what WWE thinks of Corbin right now.

Nakamura knocked out Ziggler... Good thats what should happen.

Uso's won. Lets see what they do with the Fashion Police now.

Owens wins by countout. Okay it fits his character right now.

Now for what probably should have been squash of the...

What?!?! You weren't kidding! I guess the key to getting title shots is knocking Finn Balor the F out on Raw the week beforehand!

#3MB4eva!
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

10. Likes:

Tom Servo (05-21-2017),TRF (05-22-2017)

I honestly like it. Why not? Guys like JBL and Sheamus had no real business winning the WWE Title so suddenly when they did, Jinder's paid dues, has a good look, and has stepped up his game in the spotlight. Long live the Maharaja!
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

12. Likes:

M2 (05-22-2017)

It's been a while since WWE has had a champ so visibly on the gas as Jinder is -- so I guess that's something.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    It's been a while since WWE has had a champ so visibly on the gas as Jinder is -- so I guess that's something.
    From his twitter discussions, it's patently obvious that he's juicing.

I'm not convinced, he definitely wasn't working out during the 3MB days but he always had some bulging veins and muscle definition. The bacne is certainly suspect, but not having ever been ripped before I have no real way to say what causes it. We'll know obviously if he fails a test. They suspended Roman Reigns for 30 days when he was on top and once suspended Hornswoggle for not being able to provide a urine sample when he couldn't go. I don't think they're skirting wellness rules for Jinder.

Either way, I honestly have never much cared about steroids in wrestling. It's weird that it's both some moral and legal issue. My preference would be that they didn't do it, but at the end of the day it's not like gaining an advantage in an actual sport. It's purely cosmetic. Most of the hysteria seems to come from a misunderstanding that steroids have killed a bunch of wrestlers because a bunch of them did steroids. But it was the pills, booze, and all-around horrible lifestyles involving constant travel and external damage to the body that did it to these guys. I mean, Edge did steroids. Hardcore Holly did steroids. Those we know for sure, and you have to imagine Cena, The Rock, Triple H, etc, all have as well. They're likely to live long full lives because they don't mess with anything else.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; 05-22-2017 at 03:10 PM.

There was one ex-WWE guy (I want to say it was Ryback, but I'm not certain) who said that the WWE's "Wellness Policy" was a total joke when it came to "chemical enhancements" -- that it's ridiculously easy to get a doctor to prescribe stuff like testosterone replacement therapy regiments and never run afoul of the policy, because you're basically gassing under a doctor's supervision. These days, anyone who pisses hot is either a complete moron or on some kind of "would actually get you arrested" type of drug.

And Jinder is absolutely on something -- it's all over his body, starting with the horrendous back acne and working forward. It's not even remotely subtle, and it's a body look the WWE has shied away from a little bit in recent years.

And yeah, I get that it's not a huge deal since nothing that happens in the WWE is "competition" in any real sense -- I just look at it and see an era and an aspect of the business that I'd rather not be reminded of when I watch. Like I said, it's been a while since "that look" has gotten over -- and I think that's for a reason.

Somewhere Mr. Anderson (Kennedy) is watching the meme of Randy dropping one of the Bali boys on the announce table going "... And IM the *******?"
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

18. Likes:

Tom Servo (05-22-2017)

Please don't tell me they're going to have that shrimp vs Brock... Talk about a force job, maybe they'd do a repeat of Cena vs Lesnar where Lesnar just suplexes the shrimp for 15 minutes and have him win.

William Arthur Ward

#3MBMania! Just imagine an all 3MB weekend. Your WWE World Champ Jinder Mahal, Your Universal Champ Heath Slater (and conquerer of the BEAST) and his Kids!, and your NXT Champ Drew McIntyre!

#3MB4Eva!

William Arthur Ward

21. Likes:

M2 (05-24-2017)

Turn Off Ads?