Turn Off Ads?
Page 51 of 59 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE Talk Pt. II: It's not a good thread, it's not a bad thread, it's THE thread...

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Re: WWE Talk Pt. II: It's not a good thread, it's not a bad thread, it's THE thread..

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Becky Lynch vs Rousey at Survivor Series.

I may re-up the WWE network next week just to get that.
    Becky Lynch is lightning in a bottle the likes of which the WWE hasn't had in a really long time. I was dismissive of the Austin comparisons at first, but I've come to the conclusion they should just roll with it and see how far it takes them. She's light years better on the microphone than anyone else in the women's division, works a good match (she isn't the best female worker, but she's still incredibly competent), and is completely owning this "I'm taking what's mine and not taking crap from anyone" character that made Austin a superstar in the late-90s.

Honestly, the next move I'd make is to get Stephanie McMahon involved in her storyline and just run Austin-McMahon but with female participants. Maybe you write it as Steph deciding to name herself "Head of the WWE Women's Division" (since Evolution was such a rousing success) and deciding that Becky needs to be brought to heel. Maybe you position the Bellas as her "muscle" and draw heat with them being Stephanie's ideal for the Women's division, given their look, crossover success and in-ring success.

Make Stephanie the ultimate mean-girl boss and let Becky play out everyone's dream of being able to just smack the taste out of said-boss's mouth. It's what made Austin-McMahon work, and there's absolutely no reason it wouldn't be massive this go around as long as Steph is willing to bump a bit and let Becky get the upper hand in the end. You work to a 2019 WM match that includes some component of Becky v. Steph.

Meanwhile, you transition Rousey to a heel and have her align with her friends to form an former-MMA women stable. Your 2 year build is to a WM in 2020 that is headlined by an NXT 4 Horsewomen v. MMA 4 Horsewomen feud, with the main event being Becky v. Rousey.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

2. Likes:

M2 (11-01-2018),TRF (11-05-2018)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: WWE Talk Pt. II: It's not a good thread, it's not a bad thread, it's THE thread..

I really shouldn’t have looked up Crown Jewel results...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Recent Thoughts ....

The WWE has so much $$$$$ from the Saudis and Fox - they've been mailing it in recently. Evolution and Crown Jewel are evidence of this.
    Roman Reigns is forever a babyface and should he return Vince is forever free to push him to the moon.
    The product is oversaturated now. With a crap ton of shows - its bland with the WWE style. ROH, All In, and NJPW are better products.
    How the heck is TNA still in business?
    I miss the territories. I think I ll go watch some old Mid Atlantic or Mid South now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    I really shouldn’t have looked up Crown Jewel results...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I thought the same thing when I saw Lesnar had won the chip...WWE continues to take 2 steps backwards. The whole thing has to be a huge disappointment to full time guys.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    I thought the same thing when I saw Lesnar had won the chip...WWE continues to take 2 steps backwards. The whole thing has to be a huge disappointment to full time guys.
    About the only thing I can think of is they don't want to book Braun into a corner at Survivor Series and feel safe with letting him destroy Corbin (and lackies) for a few weeks, while we get AJ/Brock2 (which last year wasn't horrible) then Braun wins it from Lesnar?
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Becky Lynch is lightning in a bottle the likes of which the WWE hasn't had in a really long time. I was dismissive of the Austin comparisons at first, but I've come to the conclusion they should just roll with it and see how far it takes them. She's light years better on the microphone than anyone else in the women's division, works a good match (she isn't the best female worker, but she's still incredibly competent), and is completely owning this "I'm taking what's mine and not taking crap from anyone" character that made Austin a superstar in the late-90s.

Honestly, the next move I'd make is to get Stephanie McMahon involved in her storyline and just run Austin-McMahon but with female participants. Maybe you write it as Steph deciding to name herself "Head of the WWE Women's Division" (since Evolution was such a rousing success) and deciding that Becky needs to be brought to heel. Maybe you position the Bellas as her "muscle" and draw heat with them being Stephanie's ideal for the Women's division, given their look, crossover success and in-ring success.

Make Stephanie the ultimate mean-girl boss and let Becky play out everyone's dream of being able to just smack the taste out of said-boss's mouth. It's what made Austin-McMahon work, and there's absolutely no reason it wouldn't be massive this go around as long as Steph is willing to bump a bit and let Becky get the upper hand in the end. You work to a 2019 WM match that includes some component of Becky v. Steph.

Meanwhile, you transition Rousey to a heel and have her align with her friends to form an former-MMA women stable. Your 2 year build is to a WM in 2020 that is headlined by an NXT 4 Horsewomen v. MMA 4 Horsewomen feud, with the main event being Becky v. Rousey.
    If WWE could see the long term picture in storytelling, yes, this is a good plan.

However, I see Ronda's transition beginning at Survivor Series. I see Baszler and company interfering in the match on Ronda's behalf, with Rousey playing the innocent for a bit. Eventually, Flair and Lynch come to terms and it is a battle for the name 4 Horsewomen. 2 years? Probably too long. Especially if rumors of NXT becoming a larger brand and getting network tv time come to fruition.

WWE is in a unique position of being able to add 10+ women to their roster every year. With tag team belts a possibility (Banks/Bailey your first champs), there is enough to tell plenty of stories. They need more writers and collaboration though.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Crown Jewel was hot garbage.

But, then again, so is most of what the WWE is writing / producing outside of NXT these days.

Most of their really good writers have left the company over the last several years...Vince is extremely difficult to work for and the product has suffered as a result.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by sdwagers View Post
    Recent Thoughts ....

The WWE has so much $$$$$ from the Saudis and Fox - they've been mailing it in recently. Evolution and Crown Jewel are evidence of this.
    Roman Reigns is forever a babyface and should he return Vince is forever free to push him to the moon.
    The product is oversaturated now. With a crap ton of shows - its bland with the WWE style. ROH, All In, and NJPW are better products.
    How the heck is TNA still in business?
    I miss the territories. I think I ll go watch some old Mid Atlantic or Mid South now.
    Evolution was a really good show. None of the women on the roster are really in a position to take anything for granted. I'm enjoying the Banks/Bayley dynamic. Loved how Bayley sacrificed herself for Banks.

I only read the descriptions of Crown Jewel, but it sounded pretty bad.

Raw last night was pretty bad. Natalya should be ashamed of herself.

Becky Lynch is the Man.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Becky Lynch is the Man.
    The WrestleMania headliner should be Lynch vs. Rousey. Have Rousey take the title now and then have Becky chase the belt all the way to Mania (and do all the stuff CE suggested too). It's begging to be done.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Last night's final 10 minutes of Raw might have been the best in the last year, at the very least on par with the Ambrose heel turn. BTW, I don't think Dean turned heel in the classic sense. I think WWE wants a male version of Becky Lynch. Ambrose is close to that.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    The WrestleMania headliner should be Lynch vs. Rousey. Have Rousey take the title now and then have Becky chase the belt all the way to Mania (and do all the stuff CE suggested too). It's begging to be done.
    The ending to RAW last night, with her standing bloody and triumphant at the top of the arena, was a legend-making moment. Legit had goosebumps watching it.

I know they wanted it to be Charlotte v. Rousey -- but they need to abort those plans immediately and go with Lynch, because she's on the verge of becoming the biggest star in pro wrestling since John Cena. She absolutely *cannot* do the job clean to Rousey this weekend. Lynch is going to be so damned over with the Survivor Series crowd that it has the chance of permanently damaging Rousey's character if she wins cleanly as a babyface and gets booed out of the arena.

My take is that they have to turn Rousey heel this weekend -- or, at the least, bump the ref and let her MMA friends intervene to give her the win and create the drama of "did she know what they were planning? Was she in on this screwjob?" so you can keep her face for a bit longer if you want by letting her rebuke her friends on RAW the next night.

The build then is to Rousey v. Lynch for WM, and I'd plan to have it main event. You get the belt off Becky via some screwjoby-ness from the 4 Horsewomen of MMA and then have her come back to win the Rumble and challenge Rousey across brands to get revenge.

The storyline will print money. If you get Stephanie involved and just run McMahon-Austin in 2019, it'll be nuclear levels of heat by the time you get to Mania.
    Last edited by Caveat Emperor; 11-13-2018 at 01:26 PM.

16. Likes:

M2 (11-13-2018),TRF (11-14-2018)

Eh. You can throw all that out now.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Eh. You can throw all that out now.
    Actually saves Lynch/Rousey for Mania. Maybe a blessing in disguise. You won't have to do near the stretch to book Charlotte/Rousey. Still have the MMA crew interfer, have Ronda play dumb, Becky doesn't believe her, MMA costs Becky the belt, Becky wins Rumble crosses over.

William Arthur Ward

19. Likes:

M2 (11-14-2018),TRF (11-14-2018)

Turn Off Ads?