Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 59 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE Talk Pt. II: It's not a good thread, it's not a bad thread, it's THE thread...

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

WWE Talk Pt. II: It's not a good thread, it's not a bad thread, it's THE thread...

I thought he did a great job in his promo segment with Jericho. It was a really little thing, but the way he turned Enzo's call-response line about him being 7 foot tall into his own line was great. The fact that he's able to hold on his own while Enzo is out is fantastic, and it's going to make Enzo's return that much more dynamic.

My other thought on RAW is how sick I am of the Usos. I know they're crazy-over with the kids, but they're such a generic team (to that point: even Mauro Ranallo really doesn't bother learning to tell them apart when he calls their matches). If the WWE is going to do "The Family" v. "The (We-Can't-Say-"Bullet"-For-Legal-Reasons) Club" that builds into something, I'd really like to see them get a gimmick update or at least add an edge to them of some sort.

I think there's a lot of money and good TV that could come from a slow-build that ends with a Survivor Series match between The Family (Reigns, Jimmy Uso, Jey Uso, Samoa Joe, and maybe Dean Ambrose) v. The Club (AJ Styles, Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows, Finn Balor and maybe someone like Seth Rollins), but they can't have 40% of Roman's team being goofballs in face paint.
    Picking up from the last thread....
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

2. Turn Off Ads?

WWE problems (?) #2

Well since the start of the original thread around two years ago, I'd say the company is in a better place. I've gotta be honest, I knew there were some wrestling fans on here, but I'm shocked the original thread cleared 1,000 posts, and kind of giddy about it in a totally nerdtastic way.

I'm excited for the Extreme Rules PPV. I think Roman Reigns vs Styles has really ratcheted up in intensity, and both Styles and Reigns are starting to evolve in really cool ways. Roman has been a killing machine and less of a Cena-clone, and it's done wonders for his character, despite the boos he still hears.

Rollins and Cena will be back soon, maybe Orton, Lesnar in time for Summerslam, Wyatt in a few weeks... this roster's depth is getting impressive. That's not to mention the eventual ascension of Balor to the main roster. It's a fun time to be a wrestling fan, let's hope creative doesn't screw it up!

Now let's get another 1,000 posts .

Re: WWE Talk Pt. II: It's not a good thread, it's not a bad thread, it's THE thread..

Balor is the one I'm most interested in.

He and Styles as either heels pulling a Four-Horseman-esque stable (with the Gallows/ Anderson tag-team) or in a long-term feud would draw heat from marks and smarks, for sure.

Re: WWE Talk Pt. II: It's not a good thread, it's not a bad thread, it's THE thread..

I'm digging the Reigns vs. Styles feud, it's probably my favorite WWE Title feud since Bryan vs. Punk in 2012.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

6. Likes:

TRF (05-11-2016)

WWE let Steve Lombardi go after 33 years with the company.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    WWE let Steve Lombardi go after 33 years with the company.
    Hopefully Redszone takes notes and moves on from you.

And trim your stupid beard.

9. Likes:

Chip R (05-15-2016),Raisor (05-13-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Hopefully Redszone takes notes and moves on from you.

And trim your stupid beard.
    Dude, stop posting pictures of yourself on Facebook. You look like a serial killer.

I'm imaging the both of you on the old Georgia Championship Wrestling set, screaming at Tony Shiavone as one of you attacks the other from behind.

Prolly Raisor... he's sneaky like that.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

12. Likes:

Chip R (05-15-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    I'm imaging the both of you on the old Georgia Championship Wrestling set, screaming at Tony Shiavone as one of you attacks the other from behind.

David Crockett not Tony Jabroni

I'll never forget hearing the Road Warriors scream at Shiavone...

"We snack on danger and dine on death!"

15. Likes:

Joseph (05-15-2016)

I'll never forget hearing the Road Warriors scream at Shiavone...

"We snack on danger and dine on death!"
    "...and dead men don't make money"

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, Tony does PBP for the Braves AAA team in Gwinnett

(why was the Yeti a Mummy?)
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

18. Likes:

Raisor (05-13-2016)

"...and dead men don't make money"

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe its because I was about 12 when I watched him for the first time, but I always liked him. If nothing else, he was into it.

Which is more than I can say for the stiffs on RAW. Cole is... I can't even.

20. Likes:

Joseph (05-15-2016)

Nah I'd lure Raisor into the parking lot for an NWO style beatdown. But eventually we would team up and be unstoppable. Only after he's seen the error of his ways.

22. Likes:

Raisor (05-13-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Nah I'd lure Raisor into the parking lot for an NWO style beatdown. But eventually we would team up and be unstoppable. Only after he's seen the error of his ways.
    I'm not sure anyone would buy me as a heel.

I'm too pretty.

Turn Off Ads?